Friday, December 17, 2021

revisited review: too faced cinnamon bear set

Just over a year ago, there was a post on the creation of beauty is art. reviewing the Too Faced Cinnamon Bear Holiday Set. Since my goal this year is to use all of the holiday sets and holiday themed makeup items in my collection...it only made sense to do another revisited review. It is a fun way for me to look back at previous posts, and also a great way to continue to put old favourites to the test. At the time, this set received rave reviews from me thanks to the selection of products, the eyeshadow shades, and that stunning lip colour. Not to mention the fabulous cinnamon bear theme and the adorable makeup bag. In the year that has passed, I have continued to reach for the Cinnamon Bear eyeshadow palette over and over again. So, today it is all about sharing my current thoughts as well as a new makeup look. 

One year later....the palette is still just as adorable now as it was then. No surprise there! One thing that I will say is that the oh-so-cute makeup bag that was included with the set has gotten little to no use from me. It's not that I haven't wanted to use it, but quite frankly, I haven't really gone anywhere or done anything. So, my need for a makeup bag has been extremely limited during the pandemic. Fingers crossed that one day, I will be able to put that fabulous makeup bag to good use. 

The Cinnamon Bear Eyeshadow Palette was supposed to smell like cinnamon, but it smelled rather sweet instead. Now that a year has passed, the scent is much lighter, but still very sweet. I absolutely love all of the warm colours included in this particular eyeshadow palette. These burgundies, reds, and warm shimmers are totally up my alley. In fact, these kinds of colours are my favourite. They are so warm and wearable. Some of my most-worn shadows are: Slow Burn (deep burgundy), Red Hots (warm red-brown), and Pop of Chili (bold burgundy shimmer). There is such a nice assortment of colours and finishes in this eight-shadow palette and the quality is so impressive. Plus, the Cinnamon Bear blush is a gorgeous shimmery pink, which really is ideal for this time of year. I have also continued to love the Cinnamon Bear Melted Matte lipstick. The colour is phenomenal and the formula is extremely long lasting. Not to mention comfortable to wear! 

In my last Too Faced look using this palette, the eyeshadow look made good use of those red and burgundy colours. This time, I wanted to highlight some of the other colours included in the palette. To create the look above, a bit of Bear Hug (warm matte brown) was used through the crease. Then Sweet N' Spicy (warm shimmery brown) was applied all over the lid. A bit of Cereal Milk (matte cream) was used on the inner corner of the eye and underneath the brow bone. Then some Chocolate Dipped (dark brown) was used to deepen the crease and define the lower lash line. My instinct is always to reach for those reds and burgundies, so it was nice to mix it up a bit, and put those other shades to use. 

It was nice to take a bit of time and do this revisited review...and to take a look back at an old favourite. Though it is always exciting to try out new items, there is something to be said for the items already in my collection. Especially the ones that make me smile, like the Cinnamon Bear set from Too Faced. 

Were you able to try these products? Are you a fan of Too Faced products?

12 comments:

  1. Very nice!
    This Christmas I have gift a too nice palette of Revolution So Tropi-cool with some beautiful coconuts on top of the box! :))
    fiftyshadesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post:) thanks for your review...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous palette and love your makeup :-D Way too cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes everything was really delicious =)

    Wow this looks so cute, I love the design of this palette <3 And the colours are also beautiful. Like your make up look a lot =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad! And for sure. The palette is super cute and it has been fun to put it to use once again! :D

      Delete
  5. I like the colours in this and the look you made from it. it's really adorable packaging too although it's a shame you haven't been able to use the makeup bag it's nice you have enjoyed using the makeup!

    Hope that you are having a good weekend! :) We had a fun playdate at the park yesterday.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one day I will be able to put that makeup bag to use! Thank you so much! Glad you've been having a good weekend <3

      Delete
  6. I just love it when you find a product you love and want to use all the time! I find a good palette a great investment and if it's cute, I can't help it (both for color ad packaging here). Also your makeup is flawless again!

    ReplyDelete