Sunday, February 28, 2021

#FOTD: colourful goth makeup look

There is something exciting about blending gothic inspired makeup looks with unexpected pops of colour. The juxtaposition makes me positively giddy. So it only made sense to put the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Cremated Eyeshadow Palette to use. The palette was originally released in the summer (at that time, I created a post about it and used dupe products to create a gothic and grey makeup look). Since then, a lot of not-so-impressive information has been released about Jeffree Star. Needless to say, my feelings about the man behind the brand are complicated. But I was gifted the Cremated Eyeshadow Palette from Jeffree Star Cosmetics for Christmas and it was really exciting. I had always heard rave reviews about the quality of the eyeshadows. And as I mentioned in my original gothic and grey makeup post....grey shadows were scarce in my makeup collection. Not anymore! The palette has a wide array of grey, white, and black shades. Keep reading to take a look at my latest #FOTD. It is a colourful gothic makeup look with a mix of high-end and drugstore products.

As you can see, the Cremated Eyeshadow Palette has lots of white, grey, and black shades. There are also some green-toned greys and champagne shimmers to mix it up a bit. But all in all, this is a very cool toned palette. The shadows themselves are really creamy and pigmented. Very easy to use! So, for this colourful goth makeup look....I decided to use this palette along with some other product favourites. The items used in this look included: 

  • Jeffree Star Cosmetics Cremated Eyeshadow Palette
  • L'Oreal Pro Glow Foundation
  • Annabelle Cosmetics Eyebrow Pencil
  • Better Than Cheek Blush
  • KVD Beauty Alchemist Holographic Highlight Palette
  • NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick in Denim Dress
  • Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara

Ready to see the finished makeup look? The eyes were all black, white, and grey. Then there was a subtle hint of colour on the cheeks with that peach-toned blush. More colour was added in with the KVD highlight in the shade Blue Sapphire (a fabulous blue highlight) and that bright blue liquid lipstick from NYX. It created a fun and unexpected finish. Take a look... 


This gothic makeup look was a lot of fun to create. Sometimes, when I am feeling down or am in need of a little extra dose of inspiration....makeup calls. It is a wonderful form of self expression. One that will never let me down! 

On another note, my latest YouTube video is live. It includes a full review of the Urban Decay Stoned Vibes Eyeshadow Palette. 


What do you think of this colourful goth makeup look? 

26 comments:

  1. What interesting shades! I love the eyeshadow look you created with them and paired with the blue lips it makes such a statement! this is a lovely gift and it's nice to see you had fun with it! :)

    Hope that you had a nice weekend :) It was a bit hot and humid here but we still managed to get out to the park :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate that! I did have a nice weekend. I'm glad you were able to get outside for a bit <3

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful colors palette.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, Shannon....I really used to love Jeffree Star but nowadays do have mixed feelings about him:( His makeup line is really super awesome though. I haven't been watching a lot of makeup vids lately so I completely missed this, and TBH, this is right my my alley that I want it now! I blame you! LOLZ....seriously though, thanks for the review:) You look fab (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is definitely upsetting. It's hard to separate the person behind the brand from the actual products. Sigh! Thank you very much <3 <3

      Delete
  4. that's fabulous! i love gothic make up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that it is unapologetic and really makes a statement.

      Delete
  5. I love your makeup. look beautiful.

    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back.

    http://www.rosetinz.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it Thanks for the great review Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=13323

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right =) Oh thanks a lot, I really hope that too. Yes I love my friends, they know what I love :D

    Nice review, this palette looks pretty nice =) I'm not a big fan of grey but this grey shades are pretty nice and I love your look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow you look amazing and really suit this style! I love the colours in the palette :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool make up! And interesting palette.

    ReplyDelete