Saturday, November 10, 2018

new in: britney spears prerogative perfume set


Britney, Britney, Britney. Not only is Britney Spears one of the most iconic performers of all time but she is a fragrance mogul with over a billion dollars worth of sales. Recently, she released her twenty fourth perfume, Prerogative. It is a little bit different from the others in her line because this scent is not meant just for women. According to an interview with the Pop Princess herself, it is targeted towards all genders and backgrounds, making sure that the scent is as inclusive as possible. She said, "I wanted to create a fragrance that says 'be whoever you want to be - no labels, no judgement.' None of us are defined by one thing." With a positive perspective and a string of successful fragrances under her belt....Prerogative is Britney's most ambitious release yet. So, how is it?


The set, pictured above, was given to me for my birthday by my wonderful husband. I hadn't even smelled the fragrance yet but already knew that I wanted it. (The reason? I have a total addiction to Britney Spears perfumes. Which you may recall if you have seen some of my previous posts here, here, or here.) Though there are an awful lot of fragrances in my personal collection....some of my all-time favourites come from Britney Spears. Her scents are always really beautiful and easy to wear - and just make you feel confident. So of course, I was eager to give her latest, Prerogative, a try. The perfume set included:

  • Prerogative Perfume (100 ml Eau de Parfum)
  • Body Lotion (50 ml scented lotion)
  • Shower Gel (50 ml scented body wash)

The bottle itself is absolutely in line with Britney's previous offerings, but this one has a twist. Well, more of a slant than a twist! It has a matte black finish on the sides with a clear centre and sits off centre. With a subtle slant to the left, the bottle effortlessly captures the thrill of the unexpected. On the top, there is a pink border with the Britney Spears logo and a rounded cap. All of these elements create both a feminine and masculine energy - which perfectly represents the idea of creating a "fragrance for all".

Now for the scent itself. Britney Spears said, "the scent is fruity, earthy, and woody with unique notes like Red Goji Berry and Saffron Cream that make it extra special." I think that description works well because you can absolutely smell those fruity notes right away but there is an earthy scent lingering underneath. To me, this again represents the idea of blending feminine and masculine together. It works well and doesn't seem forced. The scent is pleasant and easy to wear, taking you from day to night with ease. I feel relaxed and grounded whenever I wear it.

Have you tried this perfume? Are you a fan of Britney?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it but I will, soon! :D
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wonderful! You will have to let me know what you think of it :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing and had not heard about it yet..
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this perfume set. Looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a gender-neutral fragrance. This sounds lovely!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too! Especially with it being a Britney fragrance. I am sure her male fans are excited about this one.

      Delete