Sunday, November 25, 2018

love it or leave it? ashlee simpson


I have been a fan of Ashlee Simpson for a very long time. Back in the day, I watched her reality show. I bought all of her CDs. Saw her in concert. Met her after a Chicago performance in the West End. Bought pieces from her Wet Seal clothing line. Watched her on Melrose Place. And more recently? I've been keeping up with her new show, Evan + Ashlee. Though I've always kept up with her professional career, I must admit, her style has also had an influence on my life over the years. I got Ashlee Simpson-esque bangs (which were admittedly, not a great look on me) and I admired her edgy-chic outfits. Now, her style is a little more boho-glam....but I love it all the same. Which brings me to the real purpose of this post. It is a good old fashioned love it or leave it? 



What I Love: As you can see, this look is definitely boho inspired. It has a relaxed and laid-back vibe that really appeals to me. Most of the time, combining prints in this way looks messy and almost dizzy. Yet with this particular look, I think it works. The fact that all of the colours are similar and the prints are all horizontal....the prints come together in a fairly cohesive way. I also really enjoy the bold earrings and purse as they put a more modern twist on this otherwise relaxed outfit.

What I Loathe: I have to admit it....I hate the boots. Though I understand the idea of tying together the shiny black material from the earrings to the purse to the boots, I feel like the boots are simply too much. The fact that the boot style is very 90s also throws this look off, in my opinion. I want to like them and yet, I don't. Something simpler like a black heel would have brought the look together better - and wouldn't have made the outfit look quite so heavy on the bottom.

Overall, I am a fan of this care-free outfit. I love the bohemian inspired pieces together but ultimately, I think the look would've benefited from some slight modifications. But in general? I would say this is a love. Ashlee has always been known for both her music and her style. I adore the fact that she takes risks and has a unique sense of personal fashion.

What do you think? Love it or leave it?

10 comments:

  1. Hello, you are right, i like the outfit but those
    boots doesn't really match! i have nominated to an award
    in my blog :) (you dont have to do it if you dont want to hehe)
    kisses!

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much! That is so lovely. You totally made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Ashlee Simpson is such a beauty! This outfit is amazing, but I also think those boots doesn't match very well with outfit. Great post dear! Have a lovely week :) xoxo

    Welcome to my blog 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I agree - Ashlee is stunning and definitely has great style overall.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic post!

    Kisses ...

    Dilek .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post <3

    http://makeyourperfectstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so classy in that outfit even tho the boots arent matching that much stil i'd rate it as a 8/10 :)
    Regards.
    Neverpayful.com
    Dealswithin.com

    ReplyDelete