Who doesn't love testing out new products? There are all of these exciting possibilities laid out in front of you. It is an incredible rush, that is for sure. Thanks to a surprise purchase my husband made at work (a new eyeshadow palette is in my future and I cannot wait for it), he was given a handful of samples as a gift with purchase. Today, I wanted to show you what those samples were - and give you mini reviews of each.
- La Roche Posay Micellar Water. The first product can be used to remove makeup as well as cleanse and soothe the skin. It can also be used on sensitive skin, which is a great bonus. I'd been wanting to try out a micellar water but had never gotten around to it - so this was a great opportunity to try one out! There is a really good amount of product here and it works well. It also has a light, fresh, and pleasant scent. I am very impressed with this so far.
- Vichy Illuminating Foundation. This was a super small sample - enough for one application -but it gave me a good idea of how the foundation performed. (The colour itself was a bit too dark for me, so I couldn't actually wear this out.) It had a very runny consistency, was lightweight, and had a natural finish on the skin. This would be great for everyday! It's comfortable and has a surprising amount of coverage.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa. The next sample was an "anti-fatigue cream" that provides overnight moisture. It came in a small jar (0.5 oz of product) and promised smoother, more hydrated skin. This one definitely peaked my interest because I have dry skin (so moisturizers are always on hand) and because I always look tired (my life is full of early mornings)! It feels very luxurious on the skin, has a nice light scent, and adds a ton of moisture to my skin. As for the anti-fatigue? Time will tell.
- NUXE Multi-Purpose Dry Oil. I don't have a ton of oils floating around my beauty collection. There are ones that I use often, but I rarely introduce anything new into the routine. But since I had this NUXE bottle on hand....why not. This oil can be used on the face, body, and hair and is made up of six different plant oils. So far, I am really liking this, though I have not tried it on my hair just yet. What I am really into is the glass jar. It is super pretty!
- La Roche Posay Ultra Fluid Lotion - SPF 60. Since summer is here, it is always nice to have travel-sized sunscreens with you! This one is perfect because it's small enough to toss into my purse. While I don't know that I would buy a full-sized version of this, it is sure to come in handy over the next couple of months.
So, there you have it! Some mini reviews on some mini products. It is always fun to test out new things and incorporate different items into my skin care routine.
Have you tried any of these? What did you think of them?