Friday, July 14, 2017

gigi hadid: love it or leave it?


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to dress up as Elle Woods? Barbie? Lizzie McGuire? Me too. Like, every day of my life for the last fifteen years or so. There is something so exciting about early 2000s fashion. It was bright, bold, feminine, and fun. People didn't take things so seriously. Colour was always in style, ruffles were a must have, and there were no limits when it came to new fashion trends. No wonder Gigi Hadid's all pink outfit sparked so much controversy. People seem pretty divided: is it beautiful? Retro? Fun? Grotesque? Since there is no clear consensuses....it made sense to bring it to the blog. This is your chance (and mine) to sound off on this head-turning ensemble.


What I Love: Oh. My. Goodness. There are an awful lot of things I love about this look. Like I mentioned, few things are as exciting to me than 2000s style. I absolutely adore the bold pink colour, the tinted sunglasses, that incredible jacket, all of the beautiful detail work, and those velvet (yes, velvet) shoes. Yes, yes, yes. This outfit is playful, fun, and exciting. It stands out from most of the clothing fashion models, actresses, and singers are wearing these days. In a good way! It boldly represents a strong, confident woman.

What I Loathe: Oh, flares. Though I have a serious obsession with the 1970s, I absolutely detest flared pants. I don't think they are super flattering or comfortable. (Trust me, when this trend came back around in the 90s and 00s, I wore them day in and day out. Needless to say, I am over it.) With this outfit specifically, I think a skinny or bootleg cut would have given this old-school look a hint of modern flair.

Overall, this is a pretty fantastic outfit. The colour is fantastic, there are tons of exciting details, and Gigi looks like a walking Barbie doll. I love it.

What did you think of this look? Love it or leave it?

xo Shannon

7 comments:

  1. This is such a fun outfit, bellbottoms and all. Those shoes are too die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm normally not a fan of the Hadid sisters (I think they're overrated + they're plastered everywhere) but that's not to say that she is not gorgeous. AND that outfit, omg! only a model can pull that off! also, thank you so much commenting on my first post after my brand new restart. THANK YOU SO MUCH 😊xx

    www.only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this looks fabulous! love love the color too <3

    saying hello all the way from the Philippines!
    i hope you can drop by my blog too and follow if you like.

    have a great day! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post https://bysinkj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looooveee it!

    lesyagura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete