Saturday, July 8, 2017

beauty-related summer reads


The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and there is a book just waiting to be read. In my opinion, few things are better than a good book on a summer day. Especially when you throw a little beauty into the mix. Are you looking for a few good books to brighten up your summer? These suggestions will start your season off on the right foot.

Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson. One of my favourite books lately has been Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson (yes, that Kate Hudson). She writes about a wide range of topics - like getting to know yourself, beauty, fitness, and even meditation. If you're looking to beautify your inner and outer self, give this book a try. Bonus? The glossy hard cover and the gorgeous selection of pictures makes this a great display item or coffee table book.

Face Paint: The Story of Makeup by Lisa Eldridge. This next book was gifted to me last Christmas and has been on my reading to-do list for ages. Finally, I've found time to go through it. Talk about a healthy dose of inspiration! This makeup book has tons of pictures, makeup muses, and goes through the history of makeup and the world of beauty.

Healthy Is The New Skinny by Katie H. Willcox. This wasn't something I was planning to pick up. Then the cover caught my eye (I know, I know, don't judge a book by its cover) and decided to check it out. A model turned body activist? I was intrigued. In addition to sharing her own story, Katie shared her thoughts on the media, body image, and self confidence. If you've ever struggled to love the skin you're in...this one is for you.

Reading is an essential part of a well-balanced life. It allows you to learn, grow, and share. These beauty related titles are just a few examples of books that make the world a prettier place.

Something else summer related? Summer accessories. Sunglasses are by far my favourite accessory of choice during the warm and sunny months...which is why my collection is so large. Take a peek at the sunglasses I cannot get enough of.


Share your favourite beauty-related summer reads below!

xo Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Great books, hope I can find all of those in my local bookshop! Gorgeous sunglasses!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete