Thursday, September 29, 2022

my experience at the world of barbie event.

Though it is still difficult for me to be out and about in the world...my family continues to encourage me to leave the house every now and then. This time? It was the lure of Barbie that encouraged me to head outside. Not too far away, the World of Barbie exhibit was available for fans of all ages to live their Barbie fantasy. There was a full-sized model of the Barbie Dreamhouse and camper van as well as life size Barbie doll boxes, a Barbie space shuttle, and more. It was certainly a feast for the eyes! For as long as I can remember, this iconic doll has been a part of my life. (My first word was "Barbie.") I admired her incredible house, undeniable eye for fashion, and the fact that she could be literally anything. Given my history with the doll, it was hard to resist a Barbie themed event. Ready to find out how it was? Take a peek at all of the recreations? Keep reading...


Before heading out to the event with my mom, it was time to channel my inner doll. Barbie is known for loving the colour pink, so the choice was easy: pink makeup and my favourite sweater. For the eyes, it was all about the Alyssa Edwards x ABH Eyeshadow Palette. There is this white eyeshadow shade in the palette that works so well. It is really vibrant! That was applied all over the lid and then the two pink shadows were applied liberally. The deep brown eyeshadow was used for a little extra drama. Eyeliner and mascara finished off the eye look. On the cheeks, it was the Pat McGrath Labs x Bridgerton blush. (Though blush wasn't technically necessary, since my mask was on the whole time, it was nice to add a little extra colour to the cheeks in the name of Barbie.) I wore pink sparkly earrings, an I Love Ken sweater, and pink fluffy sneakers. 


There was an awful lot to see and do at the World of Barbie event. For starters, there was a giant version of the Barbie Dreamhouse. It had a living room area, kitchen, office, and closet. Everything was really well decorated and immersive. It really did feel like stepping into a Barbie house! Even the outside was themed. There were plants and lounge chairs and streets with a fountain. It was a childhood fantasy come to life. I especially enjoyed stepping into the Barbie closet, because all of the drawer pulls were in the shape of that iconic Barbie silhouette. All in all, it was super thoughtful and fun. There were a few other people milling about as we walked through, but the event itself wasn't too busy. (Probably because school is back in session and we went on a weekday.) The Dreamhouse was certainly a highlight of the experience.


Something really fun was the fact that there were lots and lots of life size Barbie boxes. You were able to step into these "boxes" with the classic Barbie accessories and pretend to be Barbie herself. I took quite a few photos like the one above. Confession: I did a few doll poses, trying to recreate that amazing ANTM photoshoot from many years ago. 


There was also a Barbie space shuttle, Barbie laboratory, beach area, ball pit, movie theatre, rock climbing wall, and recreations of different Barbie rooms. I especially enjoyed the Barbie rooms. The furniture was so fun and colourful. If only life was that beautiful and vibrant all the time! There were also rooms dedicated to the many careers Barbie has had. 


Something else fun was the fact that there was a museum at the event. The first Barbie doll was there along with different Barbie cars and all of the different Barbie Dreamhouses through the years. There was a bit of Barbie history and some important milestones to enjoy. I really loved learning more about the dolls and the Mattel brand.


The icing on the cake was being able to sit inside the recreation of the classic Barbie camper van. I had one just like this when I was a kid (much smaller, obviously) and loved it. This was certainly a thrilling experience. There was a hammock inside, a little closet, and kitchen area around the other side. There was also a faux fire pit and some chairs outside to create a full fledged camp scene. All in all, this was a really fun event. It was such a thrill to be able to live out my childhood fantasy and pretend to be Barbie for an hour or two. Though it is still a struggle to be out in the world, at least I was able to do something exciting. 

Are you a fan of Barbie? Have you done anything fun lately?

23 comments:

  1. What a cute details , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks soo cute. I want to be here:))
    Thanks for your sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that looks super super cool! And love your top ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just fantastic, Shannon! Did you know I'm a collector of vintage Barbie (1959 up to mid-70s) and their clothing? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That is so fantastic! I searched through your old blog posts and saw some of your Barbie photos. You have some incredible dolls. Wow! That is so wonderful.

      Delete
  5. This is really cute =) Thank you, I'm really happy about that too. You're so right =)

    Oh I'm a little bit jealous :D This Barbie event sounds pretty nice and I love the pictures. It would be a perfect event for me too <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun! Definitely something you would enjoy!

      Delete
    2. It really sounds fun =) <3

      Thanks <3 Yes it's really nice to find some shoes like this. Thank you, have a great weekend too <3

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    Nice blog. I am new. Do you want to follow each other?

    https://fashionandwishlist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute event omg. I didn't know there was such a thing. But then again, I'm all over here in Malaysia. So nice that you get to do something fun out once in a while. I hope you'll do more fun things you love :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a touring thing, so it might head there at some point! It was fun!

      Delete
  8. That's so cool, I've always been a fan of dolls (American Girl and Barbie), so that's cool that you got to go to an event themed around that. :) Also, I love that they made something that was doll sized human sized.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! These dolls are so beautiful and nostalgic.

      Delete
  9. Wow, this is so cute... <3

    http://www.ioannesbaby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a great day out! And your family is right, it's good to get out now and again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! It's definitely a challenge, but days like this make it easier <3

      Delete