Friday, February 16, 2024

#FOTD: violet voss taupe notch eyeshadow palette

Back in the early 2010s, one of my most beloved beauty products was this trunk from Tarina Tarantino. At the time, products from the brand were sold at Sephora. It might have been around the holiday season that the trunk was released. It had an eyeshadow palette built in, a gorgeous red lipstick, and a glowy face primer. I was obsessed with all of the products inside, but especially this one taupe eyeshadow. It was gorgeous. Though that trunk is long gone, my memories of that taupe eyeshadow remain. Maybe that is why the Taupe Notch Eyeshadow Palette from Violet Voss immediately nabbed my attention. It brought me back to the makeup looks that I used to create. It brought me back to another time in my life. Add to that the fact that Violet Voss is a brand that I have had a lot of positive experiences with (some of their eyeshadow palettes are on my all-time favourites list) and it simply had to be added to my cart. It is time to take a look at this taupe-tastic makeup release.

The colour story in the Taupe Notch Eyeshadow Palette from Violet Voss is fabulous. According to the brand, it has "20 highly pigmented eyeshadows in a variety of must have finishes." These colours are described as cool neutrals with a combination of mattes, metallics, and satin finishes. The palette is cruelty free and vegan. Something to note? Some of these are described as face pressed pigments and some as eyeshadows. The pigments are: #1, Bestest, Top Notch, First Class, MVP, Extra, and World Class. The rest are considered eyeshadows. I have used all of them on my eye area and didn't have any issue, but that is certainly something to keep in mind. When it comes to the Taupe Notch Eyeshadow Palette, there is an awful lot to love. The colour story is full of cool neutral colours...including a gorgeous taupe. These are definitely my kind of colours. I love a good neutral with a twist. It used to be much easier to find cool toned palettes, but then it became much harder. Thankfully, in the last couple of years, more cool toned palettes have been released, like my beloved Cool, Whatever Eyeshadow Palette.


The quality of the shadows in this Violet Voss palette is impressive. I love how richly pigmented these are and especially how creamy the shimmer shades are. It is so easy to create a dramatic (and cool toned) makeup look. Some of my favourite eyeshadows are: Taupe (a matte taupe), Numero Uno (a shimmery taupe), Ace (a shimmery grungey brown), and MVP (a shimmery metallic). The shimmers are gorgeous and definitely are the standouts. However, the matte taupe and some of the matte browns are excellent as well. I love using the matte shades as a base and then letting the shimmer shadow finish it off. 

Overall, the Taupe Notch Eyeshadow Palette from Violet Voss is a winner. I love the colour story, the combination of mattes and shimmers, the eyeshadow formula, and the ease of use. This is a palette that has been making me happy lately. The #FOTD above makes good use of my favourite mattes: Taupe, Exclusive, and First Class. Then there was Numero Uno applied to the center of the lid and a little World Class on the outer corner and along the lower lash line. I love how it turned out! 

What do you think of this taupe eyeshadow palette? Are you a fan of Violet Voss products?

8 comments:

  1. Amazing Palette, the shades are beautiful. Your eye makeup looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette does look amazing indeed, and I'm glad it met up with your expectations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard of Violet Voss before but what beautiful palette. I love all the cool toned taupes and the sparkle shades too. You really scored with this palette. Your look turned out great.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been really impressed with a lot of the Violet Voss products! Thank you <3

      Delete