Friday, February 9, 2024

first impressions: rimmel scandaleyes volume on demand mascara


Rimmel used to be one of my favourite drugstore makeup brands. I purchased items from them frequently....and then I didn't anymore. It all started when they discontinued my favourite foundation (The Clean Finish Foundation was my everything). Over time, I just browsed their selection less often than before. That being said, I do miss the brand. It is certainly nostalgic for me. I've tried a few of their mascaras in more recent years, but not a whole lot else. Maybe it is time to take a closer look at what they have to offer these days. Until then, it is time for a mascara review. Since my favourite mascara, The Super Sizer from Cover Girl, appears to have been discontinued (or at least seriously difficult for me to get my hands on), I am looking into alternatives. Keep reading for a first impressions review of the Scandaleyes Volume On Demand Mascara from Rimmel. 


As I mentioned, I've tested out a few different Rimmel mascaras in more recent years. Those have been pretty decent, but have not managed to make me stop thinking about The Super Sizer from Cover Girl. Still on the hunt for a new favourite, it was time to use the Scandaleyes Volume On Demand Mascara. According to the brand, this has a wavy fiber brush with a unique tapered shape to grab, coat, and comb each lash. It also claims to have a conditioning formula that keeps the lashes soft and flexible. Plus, it is supposed to be clump free, flake free, and smudge free, not to mention customizable and suitable for sensitive eyes.   
There are two different versions of this mascara: black and extreme black. Since I love dramatic lashes (without falsies) it was extreme black for me! This definitely offers a rich and intense black. The shape of the wand makes application fairly simple and straightforward. As for the claim about this being customizable, that is certainly accurate. One coat leaves the lashes looking beautiful and fluttery. More than one coat leads to a bold and dramatic lash look. Though this is described as a volumizing mascara, it adds a lot of length to the lashes as well. This doesn't seem to have much of a scent and doesn't irritate my eyes the way some other mascaras have. I just love the rich black, the length the mascara adds, the volume it adds, the fact that it is not irritating, and that it lasts all day without moving. This really checks all the boxes for me. Now that I am unable to find more of The Super Sizer (though I still have a few remaining tubes) this is likely to be my new must-have mascara. I really love the way this looks and the fact that it lasts all day without smudging or flaking. The Scandaleyes Volume On Demand Mascara costs about $12 CDN, which is fairly standard these days. For me, this mascara is a winner and one that will be repurchased the next time I am at the drugstore. After testing all sorts of mascaras, it is nice to find one that stands out. 

What is your favourite mascara? Are there any Rimmel products that you would recommend?

16 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. I also love Rimmel, especially the Lipsticks. Happy Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa tarde de sexta-feira e bom final de semana. Espero que essa dica faça muito sucesso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes my January was really nice <3
    This win is pretty cool, perfect for summer picnics.

    Nice review =) We had Rimmel years ago at Rossmann but then they sorted it out. I liked Rimmel a lot, especially the lipsticks.
    My favourite mascara at the moment is the L'Oréal Paris Volume Million Lashes Panorama Mascara <3 But this one sounds nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pięknie wygląda, muszę go sobie sprawić.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel used to be my favourite supermarket makeup brand when I was a young girl. I don't think I've used any Rimmel products in recent years. I always used to be on the lookout for the prefect mascara, but I've been using a supermarket own brand for a while now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried anything from Rimmel in years but this sounds good! xx

    Danielle’s Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete