Wednesday, February 21, 2024

r.e.m. beauty week: galactic frost metallic eye set


r.e.m. beauty theme week continues here on the creation of beauty is art. The last post was all about the Midnight Shadows Eyeshadow Palette in Smitten Kitten. Today? The focus is on the Limited Edition Galactic Frost Metallic Eye Set. This particular set stood out to me, because it contains three different products. It seemed like an excellent way to test out several products from the brand. Ready to find out what was included? Here is everything you need to know about this limited edition set. 


The Galactic Frost Metallic Eye Set came with three different products from r.e.m. beauty. Those products are:

  • Midnight Shadows Metallic Gel Eyeshadow in Frostbyte (new and limited edition)
  • At The Borderline Kohl Pencil Eyeliner in Tinsel (new and limited edition)
  • At The Borderline Eyeliner Marker in Midnight Black (top seller)


At The Borderline Kohl Pencil Eyeliner in Tinsel. First in the set is the eyeliner pencil in the shade, Tinsel. I've tried an awful lot of eyeliners over the years, but never one inspired by tinsel. As a Christmas fanatic and a lover of unique makeup items, this checked off all the boxes. This twist up liner is absolutely incredible. I love how bold the colour is and the incredible shimmer finish. This kohl pencil eyeliner is creamy and applies easily. This is something that I have been using along the lower lash line and around the inner corner for an extra pop of shimmer. Sadly, this is a limited edition product, so it is unlikely that I will be able to repurchase it in the future. I will just have to make the most of this fabulous eyeliner while I have it to use.


At The Borderline Eyeliner Marker in Midnight Black. This next product included in the Galactic Frost Metallic Eye Set is an eyeliner marker. The packaging states that this product is a top seller for the brand. Unfortunately, this was not my favourite eyeliner marker. The colour is a beautiful rich black, but the actual marker tip is somewhat short and it makes application a bit more difficult. This also feathered slightly during application. It just isn't for me! I've tried all sorts of eyeliner markers over the years and the NYX Epic Ink Liner is the one that best suits my preferences. That being said, I will make sure not to waste this eyeliner marker from r.e.m. beauty. This will probably be what I reach for on days that I am doing makeup for fun at home (always a good time to experiment with products) instead of doing my makeup to head out somewhere. 


Midnight Shadows Metallic Gel Eyeshadow in Frostbyte. Now for the star of this beauty set. There were a few different Metallic Gel Eyeshadows to choose from at the store, which were sold individually, but the Frostbyte colour looked so beautiful. Plus, it came in the set with two other products that I was interested in trying. Frostbyte is described as a silvery purple shimmer...which is the perfect description. As you can see from the swatch above (there are also swatches of Tinsel and Midnight Black) this has lots of shimmer and shine. The product comes in a cute round container. When it comes to this gel eyeshadow, there are things that I like and things that I do not like. What I like? The way the product looks. It is so shimmery and pretty. Honestly, it reminds me of this Mary Kate and Ashley makeup that I had when I was a kid. (I mean that in a good way. This felt like a wonderful dose of nostalgia.) This goes on well and looks fabulous. What I am not as into is the actual container. This can be a bit messy. I wish the product had been put into a squeeze tube like that old-school Mary Kate and Ashley makeup. Though this rounded container certainly looks nicer...easy application is what I care about most. 


As you can see from the photo above, the r.e.m. beauty items are a lot of fun. These icy makeup products are especially ideal for this time of year. I just love the Tinsel eyeliner and the finish of the Frostbyte gel eyeshadow. Though the liner was not one that I would repurchase...at least I was able to discover that for myself. All in all, the Galactic Frost Metallic Eye Set was fun to use thanks to the unique products included. I look forward to making the most of these fabulous frosty beauty items.

Are you interested in r.e.m. beauty? What do you think of the products in this set?

17 comments:

  1. I love this packaging, looks like a Winter Princess =)
    The products sound really good but I understand you, I would prefer the eyeshadow also in a squeeze tube. Your make up look is super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the Caramel Popcorn tastes really good, I had a little cinema feeling this morning :D
      Thanks a lot, I like my new products too =) Oh yes the ceramic bunny is so cute. I love Easter decoration too, it also makes me happy like you.

      Delete
    2. It would definitely make things easier! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Wow, das sieht einfach wundervoll aus. Kannte ich so noch gar nicht. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look you created is absolutely amazing, and two out of three products meeting your expectations sounds like a good result! Hearing you on the messy container though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boa noite e boa quinta-feira. Maquiagem e visual maravilhoso, parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting set. I haven't seen one like this before :) I'd love to try it. You look beautiful! Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so nice, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, another wonderful R.E.M product, hence, products and I am more and more curious about it.

    ReplyDelete