Sunday, January 7, 2024

holiday highlights: charmed aroma 12 days of jewelry

There is a lot to love about the holiday season. One example? Advent calendars. I love them a lot, but over the years, it has been harder to find decent ones that aren't overly expensive. (Even though I love watching people open all sorts of advent calendars on YouTube, the idea of spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on an advent calendar is ridiculous to me.) Thankfully, the Charmed Aroma 12 Days of Jewelry advent calendar was a little more reasonable, especially because the store had a sale taking place when the calendar was purchased. Sadly, there is not a lot of Charmed Aroma in my future, because the store near me finally closed. This calendar was purchased in late November and the store was closed on Boxing Day! I suppose the treasures inside of this advent will carry me through. Ready to take a peek inside? Here is a look at this jewellery advent.

The actual calendar is ridiculously cute. I love the design with all of the warm colours and the festive scene. Everything about this advent calendar feels cozy and warm. There are decorative cardboard boxes on one side and a cute holiday scene on the other side. The quality of the actual packaging is wonderful. I plan to keep this empty calendar and fill it with chocolates next year for a little DIY advent so I can reuse what I already have. As for the contents of the calendar, this claims to have $250 worth of jewellery inside. Since the advent calendar was sold for approximately $55, it boasts a lot of value. However, the contents are mixed. My mom purchased a calendar for herself and received rings, necklaces, and earrings. My calendar had only rings. Personally, I was excited to have all rings, because that is what I have the least of in my jewellery collection, but there should probably be some level of consistency from calendar to calendar, at least when it comes to the type of accessories inside. Now for the reveal...twelve Charmed Aroma rings complete with their Charmed Aroma appraisal price. 

  • Round Stone with Black and White Band ($60)
  • Blue and White Round Stones ($20)
  • Dainty Pink and White Stones ($30)
  • Large Red and Green Stone ($50)
  • Mermaid Inspired Oval Stone ($55)
  • Dog Paw Shaped Stone ($20)
  • Rose Gold Band with Vines ($60)
  • Large White Square Stone ($60)
  • Triangle Shaped Stone Wrapped in Rose Gold ($55)
  • Sparkle Band with Square Stones ($20)
  • White Triangle Stone and Woven Band ($15)
  • Heart and Paw Shaped Design ($20)
Based on the Charmed Aroma appraisal prices (which are not necessarily a representation of the value, in my opinion, but are fun to look at anyway) the total value is $465, which is well above the advertised value of $250. So, even knowing that the appraisal prices are not necessarily representative of the true value...this was well worth the cost of the advent calendar. There were some hits and misses in this calendar, but overall, it was a fun experience and resulted in a lot of beautiful jewellery. The misses? There were two rings with dog paws incorporated into the design. I don't have a dog, so that was not really relevant to me at all, and I didn't like the designs. Those are going to be shared with whoever I know that might be interested inn the pieces. Thankfully, the rest of the rings were really pretty. Some were a bit different for me, but still beautiful, and some were ones that I would have chosen for myself. Want to check out a few of my favourites? Here is a closer look at the standouts.

There were a lot of excellent pieces in this advent calendar. The rings shown above are my absolute favourites of the twelve different items. The first is the rose gold band with vines. It is such a gorgeous design and it will work with a lot of the other jewellery in my collection. Next is the ring with the large red and green stone. (I actually wore that out tonight.) It is such a fantastic and unique stone! I also really love the ring with the black and white band and I especially love the mermaid inspired oval ring. The latter is my absolute favourite of the bunch and is the one that I have been wearing the most. Another fabulous design is the triangle shaped ring that is wrapped with sparkly jewels. It is large and over the top...just a little bit different to anything else in my collection. There were many excellent rings that managed to make me smile this holiday season. 

Overall, the Charmed Aroma 12 Days of Jewelry advent calendar was a winner. I love that there were all kinds of different ring designs and that each piece was really unique. The calendar packaging itself is beautiful (and will be reused) and the actual jewellery is fantastic. This advent calendar is one that I actually would choose to repurchase in the future, but since the Charmed Aroma store near me has now closed, this will be a one and done. Ah well, it was sure nice while it lasted. At least there are several new rings for me to choose from. These are definitely a nice addition to my collection of accessories.

Have you tried anything from Charmed Aroma? What do you think of these ring designs?

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful advent calendar, Shannon! I particularly love the ring with the red and green stone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice items, thanks for your sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It really was! Such a nice way to countdown to Christmas :D

      Delete
  4. Such a great calendar :)

    https://brigittapasztor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute :-D I love quirk advent calendars :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes I remember loving advent calendars when I was a kid but they were much simpler back then. Yes agreed 100s or 1000s of dollars that is just nuts. This one does sound decent, sorry the store closed though.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they definitely were. A little square of chocolate was all that was inside. Now, the calendars out there are very elaborate!

      Delete
  7. Einfach nur wunderschön, treffen alle meinen Geschmack, total zeitloser Schmuck. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a shame that it was a ll rings and some you won't wear, but it's nice there were some standout pieces and you're not too upset you only got rings. I think I'd have preferred the one your mum got for some variety though, I agree it's strange there isn't any kind of consistency with the different things you get. Still good value for you! Hopefully the store opens again somewhere else near you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised that there was such a difference between the two calendars. It makes me wonder what all the others were like!

      Delete