Saturday, January 13, 2024

does it work?? hard candy holiday sets

Hard Candy and the holidays are a perfect match. For many years now, there have been Hard Candy holiday themed items added to my collection during the month of December...and this year was no different. There is a lot to love about Hard Candy in general. The brand offers some stellar products for pretty affordable prices. Their holiday releases are especially easy on the wallet. The three sets above ranged from $5 CDN to $10 CDN. Ready to take a closer look at these budget friendly products? Find out whether these Hard Candy holiday sets perform well? Here is everything you need to know about these items...


Eye Candy Shadow Palette Trio. The most expensive item was the Eye Candy Shadow Palette Trio, which included three different eyeshadow palettes. There was Lap of Luxury (warm neutral palette), Indio-Ing Steady (cool toned purples and greys), and Berry Delish (warm berry tones and neutrals). Each one of the small palettes has eleven eyeshadows with a combination of matte, shimmer, and glitter shadows. Something to note? The packaging is really terrible. Some of these are difficult to open and shut property - and the plastic used is super cheap. On the plus side, the quality of the actual shadows is impressive. I especially love the Indigo-Ing Steady palette. Purple eyeshadows are often difficult to get right, but these are fabulous. I also really love the cool toned greys included. That is easily my favourite palette out of the three, but all of them perform well. However, it is important to remember that the glitter shadows in each of the palettes need a glitter glue in order to adhere properly. That being said, for just over $3 CDN per eyeshadow palette, these Hard Candy products were a real holiday delight.


Glow Getter Highlighter Set. Another purchase from Hard Candy was the Glow Getter Highlighter Set, which was about $5 CDN. There were three different highlights: Rose Gold, Fix My Halo, and Put A Ring On It. The Rose Gold highlight is one that I have had a full sized version of in the past, so it was nice to see a smaller version of an old favourite. It delivers a gorgeous rose gold glow to the skin. The next was Fix My Halo, which had a silvery white finish, ideal for wintery makeup looks. The last was Put a Ring On It, which looked the most interesting right off the bat. I love the blue marbled look and had hoped that this would have a blue-ish kind of finish, but ultimately, this was a glowy champagne shade instead. All in all, these were great highlights for an unbeatable price. Hard Candy really excels at cheek products and the highlights included are no exception. 


Hydrated Ever After Lip Balm Set. I love a tinted lip balm. A lot. I especially love when there are tinted lip balms that are colourful and comfortable on the lips. This Hydrated Ever After Lip Balm Set checks off all the boxes and then some. There are four different options: Barely There (no colour), Strawberry (berry colour), Flushed (pink and gold shimmer), and Caramel (warm brown). I love all of the tinted balms, but the Caramel one is my personal favourite. These have a nice amount of colour, are creamy and smooth, and feel ultra hydrating on the lips. I am super picky when it comes to lip products, so the fact that these are so moisturizing and add a little colour is fantastic. The balms smell sweet and pleasant, which is another bonus! 

The makeup look above made the most of these Hard Candy holiday products. On the eyes were the cool toned purples and greys from the Indigo-Ing Steady palette, the Rose Gold highlight on the cheeks, and the Caramel lip balm to finish it all off. I love the combination of cool and warm colours. (It is always fun to mix and match!) So...does it work?? All of the Hard Candy products this holiday really wowed. Though the packaging could have been better for the eyeshadow palettes, the actual quality of the eyeshadows was solid. I love the colour stories and the level of pigmentation. The highlights and lip balms were also fantastic. These products added to the holiday season and are sure to make the winter months feel extra special.

Are you a fan of Hard Candy products? What beauty items have you been using lately?

14 comments:

  1. It seems like these Hard Candy products offer really good value for money. Shame about the packaging, though, but I've experienced this as well with cheaper range products. The look you created is fabulous as usual! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the very first time I hear about this brand, I don't think is available in Italy although I don't go shopping on stores for a few years now. I will sign this brand because the palettes look fabulous and you put together some awesome makeup look. The glosses are very interesting too and the fact that inspired me most is the fact that have a pleasant scent, I like lipglosses and lipsticks that have lovely fragrances and flavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The products are really great and affordable, too, which is a bonus.

      Delete
  3. I haven't used anything from Hard Candy in forever but these products definitely look amazing! :)

    https://makeupisdelish.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review =) This holiday sets are pretty beautiful, I like the colours. And your make up look is cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from the states! I have the exact same highlighter set you reviewed here. I used to have all three in the past, it does feel so good to have them back again in a smaller size! The Put a Ring on it one is my favorite! It does seem to have a greenish/Blueish/Champagne effect! Since it's marbled I guess it depends on how you sweep your finger or brush in the powder. HC is my favorite highlighter brand! I could not agree more on your highlighter review! I haven't tried the other products on this post yet except the highlighters. I also have a Highlighting duo from HC and a Eyeshadow palette in Blushful Nudes. The packaging (lid) cracked within a week of purchasing, but the eyeshadows are delightful. Looking forward to more posts, I enjoy your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful! I agree with you that Hard Candy highlights/cheek products are fantastic. Such a shame that your eyeshadow palette lid cracked, but thank goodness the products still wowed. I so appreciate your comment. Hard Candy is one of those brands that I come back to over and over again...and it's nice to see a comment from someone who enjoys their products as well!

      Delete