Monday, January 15, 2024

love it or leave it? selena gomez


Award ceremonies can be exciting...especially with all of the head turning fashion on the red carpet. As always, there were some hits and some misses at the Golden Globes. An example of a success? Margot Robbie in her Superstar Barbie dress. As for the misses? There were a few, including the scale-like cut out dress worn by Karen Gillan. I suppose that is the fun thing about fashion: we all see things differently. What is a 'worst' to one is a 'best' to another! On that note, it is time for another round of love it or leave it? Selena Gomez attended the award show since she was nominated for her role in Only Murders In The Building. She wore an asymmetrical red dress from Giorgio Armani. Was it a love? A leave? It is time to find out...


What I Love: There are certain elements of this red carpet look that I love. For instance, the gorgeous red colour and the shiny material. I love the combination of red and black, I love those gorgeous metallic Christian Louboutin heels, and all of the amazing jewellery. I also love the sleek and simple updo and the beautiful makeup. It was just the right amount of glamorous. Something else that I love? Selena seemed to have a lot of fun on the red carpet and feel ultra confident. That is beautiful! 

What I Loathe: Well...there were some things that I liked about this look. Unfortunately, there were also some things that I did not like about the dress worn by Rare Beauty founder, Selena Gomez. I didn't care for the top portion of the dress (though I like it in theory) because it looked like Christmas ribbon with a black bow on top. Maybe I would have liked this more if it actually was a Christmas dress or it actually was intended to look festive. However, it was a red carpet dress in January. I also did not care for the asymmetrical design on the bottom, even though I am someone who loves a good asymmetrical cut. I think it has to do with the fabric. This just looked very heavy and bulky, so the asymmetrical choice wasn't as successful in my view. 

So, was this a love it or leave it? For me, it was a leave it. Though there were some nice elements, this did not wow me. Agree? Disagree? Be sure to sound off in the comment section below and let me know what you thought of this red carpet look.

16 comments:

  1. Red is so special colour but I'm not sure I like the design of the dress

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are really many delicious products inside <3 That Happy Hippo is so yummie but I prefer the one with hazelnut a bit more :D
    I love cosy days too, perfect for relaxing <3 Thanks a lot.
    I'm absolutely your opinion. It's so sad that there were just a few DVD displays in stores. 10 years ago there were much more and it was so much fun to look what DVD's are inside. I like physical medias too =) Thank you.

    Oh I love Selena Gomez, she is so beautiful and she has such a great voice <3 My favourte song is "Kill Em With Kindness" =)
    This red carpet look is really beautiful, I like it a lot too. The red dress suits her so well, amazing. But you're right it's a little bit festive ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a spectacular dress, that's for sure, but although I do love the colour, I'm not very keen on the design! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I really want to like it, but somehow, it misses the mark a bit for me.

      Delete
  4. Bardzo ją lubię, piękna sukienka.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I like Selena a lot and the design of the dress is very pretty too, but I just don't think that this is the best dress to flatter her body features (and she's very pretty!)...
    That's apart the color: that red is gorgeous and looks really amazing on her!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boa tarde de terça-feira minha querida amiga. O principal é ela se sentir bem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that. That's super important to keep in mind! <3

      Delete
  7. I'm a huge Selena fan, Shannon, so I love everything she does and wears:D I do admit though the asymmetrical hem is not the best. I would have loved it more if it was just a straightforward floor-length gown.
    Hope you're having a great Tuesday so far, and keeping warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her music and acting work! (Especially Only Murders In The Building. I need there to be a new season immediately.) Yes, I think if it was a floor length dress, it would have been much better! <3

      Delete
  8. As a general rule I am not enamoured of asymmetrical designs, but...
    I love the colour and sheen of the fabric of the Giorgio Armani design, love how the volume of the skirt combined with the cinched waist helps create airy volume. Although Selena Gomez looks fabulous showcasing the dress on the red carpet, the design would not be among my top picks - I'd leave it in favour of something more pink (Barbie Pink?) and more ultra-feminine.

    My blog
    my YouTube
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely some good elements and some not as good elements. I would certainly prefer something Barbie pink as well, but that is just because the colour always makes me happy!

      Delete