Tuesday, September 27, 2022

does it work?? sally hansen nail polish (good. kind. pure.)


When it comes to nail polish, certain brands stand out. Essie. OPI. Sally Hansen. The latter is my personal favourite. There are a lot of really excellent Sally Hansen products, from the Miracle Gel line to the Insta-Dry line and everything in between. Today? It is time to take a look at a newer formula from the brand: Good. Kind. Pure. This vegan nail polish was certainly intriguing. Out of all the nail polishes I have tried over the years (and there have been many nail polishes in my life) this was the first time I recall seeing a vegan polish. So...does it work?? Here is everything you need to know about this new line from Sally Hansen. 

According to the brand, the Good. Kind. Pure. line is available in twenty two shades that are inspired by nature. Better yet, these polishes are vegan and plant based. Even the brush bristles are plant based! In addition, the formula is 15-free, which means it is formulated without formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toulene, xylene, acetone, phthalates, camphor, parabens, ethyl tosylamide, triphenyl phosphate, animal-derived ingredients, styrene, glycol ether of series E, nonylphenol ethoxylate, and sulfates. I'll be honest...I don't know what the majority of those things are, but it is nice to see a brand focus on more natural formulas. Right down to the bristles! That is certainly a nice touch from Sally Hansen.


Though there were many different shades to choose from, the one that I used is called Raisin' The Bar. Despite the name, it isn't a raisin colour. Rather, it is more of a rose gold metallic. The finish is really beautiful and I adore the colour. It is a shiny, glamorous metallic. Best of all? This dries so quickly. A lot of nail polishes "dry," but can still become smushed or ruined hours and hours after application. This formula dried completely, much like the Insta-Dry line. I didn't have to worry about not using my hands for the rest of the night. The polish dried in minutes and I was able to move on with my day. This nail polish also lasted quite well. (In fact, it is still on my nails now and I took the photo above ten days ago!) All in all, this is an excellent nail polish formula. I love that it is vegan and natural. I love the colour and finish of the nail polish, and love that this dries quickly.

Does it work?? In a word? Absolutely. This nail polish is fabulous. I love the way it looks and I love the formula. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for more shades from the Sally Hansen Good. Kind. Pure. line of nail polishes. 

Have you tried anything from the Good. Kind. Pure. line? Do you like Sally Hansen products?

12 comments:

  1. I'll have to see if I can find this particular range here, especially as you say it dries so quickly. Loving the name of this colour, and the colour itself too, obviously! Thank you for sharing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impatient when it comes to nail polish, so I just love when a formula dries quickly!

      Delete
  2. It is very pretty. I have lots of Sally Hansens but not this range. It sounds like a winner to me :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! I do like Sally Hansen polishes, so I'm glad this line works well and dries quickly.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on this Sally Hansen line, Shannon! That's great that aside from being 15-free, the polishes are great quality:) I havent bought any polishes lately so it might be time to get some new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is always fun! I hope you find a colour that you love!

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, thanks for your review! I use often the polish nail of this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't bought a nail polish from Sally Hansen yet, but the quick drying sounds great, and the shade you chose is nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this line of polishes here yet. It's absolutely gorgeous, I love the shimmer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it based on the one I tried! I am eager to see if the other polishes perform as well!

      Delete