Tuesday, September 13, 2022

does it work?? honest beauty (makeup remover wipes)


There are full skin care routine nights...and there are makeup remover wipe nights. Sometimes, my mind is clear, focused, and I am determined to take good care of my skin. Other times, I am so exhausted that it takes all my remaining energy to drag a makeup wipe across my face. Over the years, I've tried quite a few different makeup wipes from an assortment of brands. (I've even tried reusable makeup wipes, which are always nice to have on hand.) Though there are some that I like more than others, I wouldn't exactly say that I am brand loyal. It comes down to whatever is on sale. Recently, a sample of the Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes was given to me. It was perfect timing, since I was low on makeup wipes. So, does it work?? Here is everything you need to know about the Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes with Grape Seed and Olive Oils. 

According to Honest Beauty, these makeup remover wipes are "thoughtfully formulated wipes," that are gentle and easy on the eyes, won't over dry or strip the skin, are made with grapeseed oil and olive oil to nourish the skin, and are cruelty free. Honest Beauty is all about clean beauty, so that is certainly a plus for the brand as well. I will admit that my experience with Honest Beauty has been fairly limited. I've only tried the Magic Beauty Balm Stick, but I absolutely loved it at the time. So, my hopes for the makeup remover wipes were high. Makeup wipes that were nourishing and gentle on the skin? Yes, please.

Unfortunately, these Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes did not live up to my expectations. First of all, there was the smell to consider. These wipes are highly fragranced, which was pretty surprising for a clean beauty company. The smell was strong and unpleasant. It also lingered on the skin long after use. If that wasn't enough to deter me from purchasing these in future, the makeup remover wipes also did not do a very good job of actually removing makeup! These were not very damp and struggled to remove much. They were okay-ish for removing face makeup, but when it came to removing eye makeup, forget it. These wipes were essentially a waste, because I had to pull in other products to actually remove my makeup at the end of the day. I am very glad that this was only a pack of seven, because I don't think I could've used more than that. 

Does it work?? No. Not at all. Sadly, the Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes smelled awful, were not damp, and struggled to remove makeup. Instead of speeding up my nightly routine, they ended up taking up more of my time, effort, and energy. These are not makeup wipes that I would purchase...not even if they were heavily discounted! Ah well, at least now I know.

Rating: 0 / 5

The zero out of five rating might seem a bit harsh, but the fact that the Honest Beauty Makeup Remover Wipes did not actually remove makeup well means they were more or less useless. It is a shame, because I do like what the brand represents.  

Have you tried these makeup remover wipes from Honest Beauty? What did you think of them?

14 comments:

  1. Not the best product! I donno them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear these didn't live up to your expectations at all :-(
    I should know different by now, but I seem to have quite a lot of make-up remover wipe nights lately. I'm quite pleased with the shop's own brand ones I'm using right now. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad it wasn't good. the idea behind it is though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a shame! I really appreciate your honest review! xx
    Janet
    www.rediscoveringmystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad that they didn't deliver, the idea behind the product was so good. :( I'm going to stick with micellar water for sure.


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never had a chance to try out Honest products, they seem very popular so it's nice to hear your genuine opinion as a lot of opinions out there are just sponsored and not very trustworthy!
    xo from Croatia,
    www.soniaverardo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It can be hard to find non-sponsored reviews of certain products, for sure.

      Delete
  7. I am not a fan of wipes. I have never tried some that actually worked.

    ReplyDelete