Thursday, April 14, 2022

friends week: #FOTD feat. friends x revolution makeup products

I love makeup and I love watching Friends. So, when Revolution released their Friends inspired collection in late 2021, it was immediately of interest. The packaging was beyond cute and the products turned out to be stellar. (In case you missed it, you can read my review of the collection here.) I have been using these items fairly regularly since then and more recently used them to create a simple little #FOTD look. It was just a regular day at home, so the look wasn't anything crazy or over the top, but I love that this colourful eyeshadow palette can be used to create something bold and colourful or a little more subdued. Need a reminder of what the palette looks like? Take a look at this #FOTD? Here goes...


First thing is first. It is time to take a peek at the Friends x Revolution - We Were on a Break eyeshadow palette. This palette is so colourful and fun...and very well themed. All of the shadow names reference episodes of the show and that makes it feel extra special. I love that there is a nice combination of pinks, purples, greens, blues, and even some orange colours. This palette is a lot of fun and definitely a little out of my comfort zone. My go-to shade to use is Apartment. It is the perfect purple! I love it so much. For this look, I wanted to use the different pink eyeshadow shades for a subtle wash of colour that would perk up my day, but not be too dramatic. Thankfully, there are several different shades of pink to reach for in this palette. There is a deeper pink (Love Machine), pastel pink (Cheese Cake), baby pink (Big Opening) and there is even a glitter shade (New York). Perfection! I love that there is a lot of variety in terms of the different shades of pink. It makes it possible to create a look that is soft and sweet, but still has a little something special. All of those shades were put to use for this #FOTD.


To start, the shade Big Opening was applied all over the lid. Then a bit of Cheese Cake was added to the outer third. Love Machine was blended through the crease for a little extra depth and colour and the glitter shade, New York, was applied on the lid to add a little extra glitz and glam to this look. Some liner and mascara finished off the eye look. On the cheeks was the shade Joy from The Emily Edit - The Needs Palette and then the Revolution lip gloss shade, Chandler, was applied on the lips. Out of the three gloss shades, that is my favourite one. The pale pink is perfect and looks good with everything! When it comes to lip glosses, I tend to be pretty picky about the formula, but I absolutely love these. They are not sticky at all, have nice colour payoff, and are ultra comfortable. Plus, the packaging is downright adorable. Love that the lip glosses are also nicely themed. 

Looking for more drugstore favourites? Be sure to check out my latest YouTube video. It includes lots and lots of drugstore favourites...including the Chandler lip gloss from the Friends x Revolution collection. 

Though this #FOTD using Friends inspired products was pretty simple, it made me smile. It is amazing how makeup can totally transform your mood and make the day seem sunnier. This the last post included in Friends Week here on the creation of beauty is art. I hope you enjoyed all of the themed posts. There will surely be more in the future?

Are you a fan of Friends? Have you tried anything from the collection with Revolution?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful make-up!

    I like those vivid colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear,
    This palette is super cute, very colourful! I've seen other eyeshadow palettes from friends x revolution but i haven't seen this one!
    Thanks for your review,

    kisses!
    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how colourful and exciting it is! Definitely a fun collection :D

      Delete
  3. that is SO cute! i would have made a perfect gift for my friend for any occasion: she is a Friends fan. I like the colors chosen here so much, very vivid and vibrant, something I'd wear for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you are able to find this or something similar for your friend! It's amazing how much Friends merchandise there is these days!

      Delete