Friday, April 8, 2022

current obsession: happy face everything

In middle school, happy faces were considered to be ridiculously cool. And they were everywhere! On necklaces, keychains, t-shirts, mood rings...everywhere. At that time, my collection of happy face inspired items started. I remember that at one point, my room had happy face containers, an array of happy face necklaces, rings, stick on earrings, shirts, patches, pins, and stuffed animals. I loved happy faces a lot. Over the years, many of those items were tucked away or donated. (Though the holiday-inspired happy face stuffed animals have remained and come out for various holidays.) Imagine my surprise and delight when happy faces - and all things 90s - came back in style. It reminded of how much I loved all of those adorable yellow happy faces in my youth. Lately, I have been embracing the past and have welcomed a few new happy face items into my life. 


Betsey Johnson - Happy Face Earrings. Okay, the obsession is real with these earrings. I have worn them at least five times since bringing them home. These are so cute, so 90s, and so reminiscent of my youth. Though they look fairly small in the box, the earrings are actually fairly sizable. I love that they make a statement and are also really nostalgic. The gold colour is also a little bit different for me, because a lot of my jewellery is silver. So, these fabulous earrings stand out for a lot of reasons. These Betsey Johnson happy face earrings are a nice addition to my accessories collection. 


Hey Pop -Super Cute Nail Wraps. When these Hey Pop nail wraps caught my eye, there was no doubt that they were absolutely perfect for me. Especially since happy faces have been making me so...happy....lately! There are three different designs included in the set and lots and lots of nail wrap sheets. The good? The bottom two designs have a clear background and adorable happy faces designs printed on top. They look really great and went on pretty easily. The not so good? The colourful happy faces on the upper row do not apply well and do not last well either. They crease and peel. That was a letdown. Luckily, the other designs have been making my days a whole lot happier....and more stylish. 

These happy face items were purchased at my favourite discount store, Winners. Another discount store that I love is Marshalls, and during a recent trip to the mall, I was able to pop in and find a few hidden treasures. Like a new pair of sunglasses, a purse, and some odds and ends. Take a look at this Mini Mall Haul on my YouTube channel for a closer look.


Are you a fan of the happy face trend? What 90s trends do you like best?

12 comments:

  1. Very cute earrings!
    Have a great weekend,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! All in for cute faces everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes smiley faces and kids toys etc are kind of trending in fashion right now.I so want the Moschino heart shaped bag with the kids alphabet letters on it.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! I can totally understand why you would want it! :D

      Delete
  5. Prtty earrings) https://www.ludatischenko.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always liked these happy faces too - whether they were trendy or not. :D

    ♡ ☯ ☮ P&P style ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete