It seems like so long ago now...but the Mocktails, Makeup and a Movie event took place at the end of March. (In case you missed it, there was a post about the virtual event on the creation of beauty is art. You can read it here.) The event included a goodie bag overloaded with skin care, makeup, and beauty samples. As you can see from the picture above, there was an awful lot included. Everything from lashes to perfume samples and makeup wipes! I have been putting these products to good use lately. Here is part one of this mini beauty sample review.
- Quo Ultra Flare Full Lashes. Talk about a dramatic pair of eyelashes! These are super thick and full and would be great for a night out look. Since I don't have anywhere to go just yet...I am holding onto this pair for a special occasion in future. They look really beautiful but don't come with lash glue. That can be frustrating if you don't have any on hand already. It's been ages since I've worn false lashes at this point (thanks to the pandemic) so in order to wear these ultra flare full lashes, I'll need to purchase some lash glue separately.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer. Certain skin care brands stand out. Clinique is one brand that has been a constant in my life, thanks to their line of Moisture Surge products. As someone with dry skin...it makes a huge difference. So, I was very excited to receive a small version of their Moisture Surge moisturizer. It works really well and is a regular part of my skin care routine.
- Nuxe Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse Florale. Also included in the goodie bag was a sample of the Nuxe oil. I am familiar with this brand and their previous releases. The multi-purpose oils can be used on the face, body, and hair. Personally, I like to use this on the body, but it totally comes down to preference. This particular oil works the same way but has a fresh and floral scent. It is definitely nice for spring time! It works well and smells wonderful.
- Pur 4-in-1 Love Your Selfie Longwear Foundation and Concealer. There was a sample of the Pur foundation and concealer included as well. It came with four different shades. I chose the lightest included (LN2) and it was a good match for me. On the back of the card, the full shade range was pictured as well as information about the undertones of each shade. This is super helpful! The colour was a match and this is definitely a full coverage product. A little went a long way. Unfortunately, on my dry skin...this looked really cakey and unnatural. Even though I used a small amount of product and prepped the skin beforehand, it looked really heavy. So, this may not be the best choice for those with dry skin. It also started to feel a little itchy and uncomfortable after a half hour or so. Sadly, this is a no for me. But at least I was able to try it out!
- La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum. For me, makeup is the fun stuff. Skin care products are the necessary items. Not exactly fun but certainly important. So, it is always nice to try out different skin care samples. This serum is an anti-aging serum with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5. The sample size is fairly generous, so this is something that I have been able to use multiple times. Will it lead to amazing results? Hard to say. But it smells good and doesn't cause any irritation to my sensitive skin.
- Irresistible Givenchy Perfume Sample. If there is one thing that always makes me happy, it is perfume. (Take a peek at my perfume collection for proof of that.) This particular scent is a bit bolder than what I normally reach for but still smells sweet and warm. It is perfectly suited to the spring and summer months.
- Smashbox Super Fan Fanned-Out Mascara. In a word? Wow. I've tried an awful lot of mascara samples over the years and this is without question one of the best. I was amazed at how effortlessly this Smashbox mascara separates and lengthens the lashes. It also adds a lot of fullness! So many mascaras makes you prioritize one over the other...but the Super Fan mascara does it all. This is so easy to use and creates really beautiful full lashes. I loved the end result so much and would certainly consider this one of the best high-end mascaras I've tried.