Happy birthday to me! That is right...today is my birthday. Even though I am no longer a child, this day never ceases to make me excited. I look forward to spending time with people I love, hearing from friends, and of course, eating cake. Most of my day will be spent relaxing and then this evening it will be a dinner with my immediate family. In the past there have been themed nights out and get togethers planned but this year it will be pretty low-key. And for the most part, I am okay with that. There is still a double date to look forward to (my husband and I are having a Bob Ross themed night with a couple of our friends), and attending a drag show with my sister.
There is definitely a lot to look forward to - and I will keep you posted on how it all goes. But in the meantime, I am simply enjoying today. All I want is a fun and relaxing experience. And of course, lots and lots of homemade birthday cake. Because that is always the best part! Since today is my birthday, it only makes sense to do a birthday themed post on the creation of beauty is art. So here are a few birthday themed quotes that are making me smile today. I hope they make you smile, too!
- "Life should not only be lived. It should be celebrated."
- "It is the perfect time to give a good start to another year. It is the time to feel good about everything."
- "I hope your birthday is full of sunshine and rainbows and love and laughter."
- "I'm not getting old. I'm getting better."
- "We can't always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it."
- "Keep calm and be crazy! Laugh, love, and live it up, because this is the oldest you've been and the youngest you'll ever be again."
Thank you all for reading today's post and celebrating with me. I really appreciate it!