Friday, August 2, 2024

review: essence lash without limits mascara


As prices continue to increase on both essential and non-essential items...it is nice to find beauty products that do not break the bank. One thing I appreciate about Essence is that this drugstore brand has always remained affordable. While most other drugstore offerings have massively increased their prices in recent years, Essence has remained fairly stable. Some of their products have been staples in my makeup collection for a long time, including their blushes and eyebrow pencils. However, there has not been a mascara from the brand that has wowed me, despite the fact that the Lash Princess Mascara seems to be beloved by many. Unfortunately, it didn't work well for me. I was a little apprehensive about the Lash Without Limits Mascara from Essence, but with a $5.99 CDN price, it seemed worth it to take the risk. Here is everything you need to know.


As mentioned, the Lash Without Limits mascara from Essence is just $5.99 CDN. With many other drugstore mascaras ranging from $10 to $25 a tube, this is a much more affordable option. It comes in a simple pink plastic tube and promises wow length. More specifically, the brand claims that the mascara will "take your lashes to new heights." It boasts extra length and incredible volume with a flexible wand that ensures there is precise application. It is not tested on animals and is formulated without parabens and phthalates. So...it is time to review the pros and cons. The cons? The flexible wand that the brand mentions is actually something I do not like. While I understand the concept, it actually makes it harder for me to control the product placement and makes the product feel cheap. (Essentially, it feels like the mascara wand is made out of flimsy materials rather than this being a deliberate choice.) As for the pros, there are a lot of them. This mascara works wonderfully. It adds a ton of length but does not skimp on volume. It has a nice rich black colour, does not transfer, and lasts all day without issue. The actual formula is wonderful. I only wish the mascara wand was a little sturdier. Everything else about this mascara is stellar.

Overall, the Lash Without Limits mascara from Essence is a winner. Though the mascara wand itself is not my favourite, the actual product is excellent. The mascara makes the lashes look fabulous and the mascara lasts all day without issue. And for just $5.99! This is definitely a mascara that is on my repurchase list. It is an affordable and effective drugstore option. 

Have you tried the Lash Without Limits mascara from Essence? What did you think of it?

20 comments:

  1. I like Essence nail polishes. Never tried any of their other makeup though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good!
    Have a nice evening

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich mag solche feinen Bürsten bei Mascara, damit kann man sie wirklich exakt auftragen. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finding most of the Essence products quite good quality. I'm hearing you on the flexible wand, though, that would definitely not work for me. I find myself going without mascara a lot lately, as I've yet to find one which doesn't irritate my bad eye now that I'm using stronger eye drops. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like when the wand is sturdier! But I do like the actual mascara. It works really well and lasts. I'm so sorry you're dealing with the stronger eye drops :(

      Delete
  5. I know this brand but I haven't had the chance to try this mascara. I'd like to try it, a painted eye is an important thing in makeup for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uma excelente tarde de domingo e um bom início de semana minha querida amiga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a great week as well <3

      Delete
  7. Tato řasenka je u nás také novinkou, mám pocit, že jsem ji zahlédla. ☺♥

    ReplyDelete