Wednesday, July 31, 2024

#FOTD inspired by descendants: the rise of red

As a Disney obsessed adult, it is not a shock that I watched Descendants: The Rise of Red the first day it was available on Disney+. I have watched (and loved) all of the Descendants movies over the years. I love the costumes, hair, makeup, music, dances, and the unique way that Disney lore is examined. The newest movie in the series totally wowed. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was an immediate favourite. For starters, Brandy and Paolo Montalban reprised their roles from the live action Cinderella movie. There was also Rita Ora in the role of the Queen of Hearts. There were lots of familiar faces from previous Descendants movies as well as some fantastic new characters. I loved everything about it...and am eager for a follow up film. While watching Descendants: The Rise of Red, the hair and makeup really wowed. Though I knew there was no hope of me recreating the hairstyles of the main characters, the makeup was another story. I decided to put my own spin on the makeup look of Red, the daughter of the Queen of Hearts. It might not be a perfect recreation, but it was a lot of fun to do. 


As you can see from the photo above, the Red makeup look featured a light gold shadow on the inner portion of the eye, a warm red on the outer portion, and then some matte browns to tie it all together. The blush was warm and the lipstick was a bold red. Immediately, I knew what eyeshadow palette would work to recreate this Descendants makeup look: the Tarte Gilded Glamour Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Wardrobe. The Gilded palette has just the right colours. On the cheeks, it was a bit of the Rude Cosmetics blush in the shade Match 3. To finish it off, it was a NYX lipstick on the lips. My go-to products were used on the rest of the face, which includes a foundation from L'Oreal and Maybelline (I like to use the Pro Glow foundation all over and then add a bit of the Maybelline Matte Mouse to certain points of the face. Most of my skin is dry, but my nose is oily, so adding the matte foundation to that part of the face seems to address the issue.) I used an eyebrow pencil from Essence, liner from Annabelle on the lower lash line and the NYX Epic Ink Liner to create that winged look. A bit of concealer from Hard Candy and powder from Cover Girl finished off the basics. Ready to see this Descendants inspired makeup look? Here it is...

This #FOTD was fun to create because the warm colours on the eyes were right up my alley, but the bold red lipstick pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit. It really was the best of both worlds! Watching Descendants: The Rise of Red made me very happy...and so did creating a makeup look inspired by one of the characters. Who knows? Maybe I will do makeup looks inspired by some of the other Descendants characters in the future. For now, it has been fun unleashing my inner Red. 

Have you watched the new Descendants movie? What do you think of this #FOTD?

12 comments:

  1. Boa tarde e uma excelente quarta-feira. Obrigado pela ótima matéria. Aproveito para desejar um excelente mês de agosto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Wishing you a wonderful month ahead <3

      Delete
  2. It’s great to hear you enjoyed "Descendants: The Rise of Red"! The Descendants series has always had such a unique take on Disney lore, and it’s awesome that this latest installment continued that tradition with amazing costumes, makeup, and performances. I can imagine how fun it must have been to recreate the makeup look of Red—it sounds like a fantastic creative project. I’m also excited to see what comes next for the series!

    I just posted a new blog post, please read: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/07/how-to-style-cowboy-hat-denim-on-denim-fashion-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love the spin it puts on the villains and their stories! The movies are so fun and really take you to another place!

      Delete
  3. I loved your makeup especially eyeshadow colour...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing makeup. Donno about the show. We have Disney so might watch it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a splendid recreation of Red's make-up, Shannon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bold red tones in this makeup look are beautiful on you. I love how dramatic the colors are. I am a huge red lipstick lover! The movie definitely looks inspiring. Now I would love to watch it!

    Cheers,
    Tania
    https://inspiremyfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the dramatic colours as well. The movie is fantastic!

      Delete