Monday, August 19, 2024

kylie cosmetics theme week: mini reviews


Ahh....home sweet home. I am back from a week away at a cottage with my family (more on that in the days to come) and am slowly settling back into my routine. That means catching up on work, laundry, cleaning, my favourite television shows, and all the rest. There seemed to be no better time for a theme week here on the creation of beauty is art. Not only do I love a good theme, but I am excited to review some Kylie Cosmetics items over the next several days. As I have stated before, I am a fan of the Kardashian/Jenner family, but I am also really into Kylie Cosmetics products. Generally speaking, I love the soft pink packaging and the overall quality. Ready for another theme week? Here are some mini reviews of skin and makeup products. 


Kylie LED Hand Mirror. The first item is a non-makeup related product and it is a cute LED Hand Mirror from the brand. This (and everything else in this post) was gifted to me by my mom, because she knows how much I adore Kylie Cosmetics items. This is a little round mirror that lights up when the base is fully extended. The batteries can be changed out easily, which is a real benefit. This is something that I actually took with me to the cottage so I could apply - and check - my makeup each day. 


Kylie Cosmetics Kylash Volume Mascara. The next item in this mini review post is a sample of the Kylash Volume Mascara. According to the brand, this is a volumizing, lifting, and defining vegan mascara that delivers the perfect full lash. It is not supposed to clump or smudge. So....how did this one perform? Would I purchase a full-sized version? This is a really excellent mascara. It adds a ton of length and a lot of volume. It is a rich black colour and the mascara separates the lashes well. Though I would love a full-sized version of the Kylash Volume Mascara, one tube costs $33 CDN. As a result, I am more likely to stick with something from Cover Girl or Essence. However, this might be something that I treat myself to from time to time. 


Kylie Skin Clear Complexion Correction Stick. I was always told that pimples and breakouts would stop once I became an adult. Somewhere along the line, I became an adult, but the breakouts continue anyway. I am usually fighting off at least a few blemishes at a time! That is why I love the Clear Complexion Correction Stick. It is a gel serum that addresses breakouts. What I love? This has a doe foot applicator and is super quick and easy to use. It literally takes about three seconds to apply the product. This means even on my laziest days, it is still possible to address those unwanted surprises on my skin.  


Kylie Cosmetics Tinted Butter Balm in Kylie. I love an easy to wear lip product. When I want something a little more laid back, a tinted balm is ideal. The Tinted Butter Balm from Kylie Cosmetics is excellent. It is so hydrating (probably from the jojoba oil) and comfortable to wear. I love that I can wear this without needing to layer anything else on top. It is perfect as is! Nourishing with a soft hint of colour. It has a glossy kind of finish, but isn't sticky or tacky like a traditional lip gloss. This colour is 808 Kylie. I compared it to the liquid lipstick version of 808 Kylie and the Tinted Butter Balm version is a bit lighter than the liquid lipstick. 


Kylie Cosmetics Lip Shine Lacquer in 341 A Whole Lewk. The last item in this mini review post is the Lip Shine Lacquer in the shade 341 A Whole Lewk. This lip product is excellent, because it has all of the colour of a traditional lipstick or liquid lipstick, but has a glossy finish, without any stickiness. It is kind of the best of both worlds! This colour is described as a berry mauve. It is a really rich and beautiful colour that stands out. Definitely one that would work pair well with fall makeup looks.

There you have it! The first Kylie Cosmetics theme week post. Stay tuned for even more themed reviews...


14 comments:

  1. Great Review.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried her makeup yet, but I've heard they're really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich habe schon viel von der Marke gehört, aber noch nie ein Produkt ausprobiert. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really love to try more Kylie makeup but her line is quite pricey! That mascara does sound fab...hmmmm....Imma gonna see if I have enough PC Points to try out some of these stuff you featured:)
    And hope you had an awesome time away at the cottage! Happy Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, for sure! I've found the odd product or set at Winners, but mostly splurge at Shoppers every now and then!

      Delete
  5. I've never tried any Kylie make-up and I'm not even sure it is available here in Belgium. Judging from the mascara, it is quite pricey, it seems, so I guess I'll stick with my usual superstore brand. The LED mirror sounds very useful, though ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara is more than I would like to spend on a mascara, but it works really really well. Definitely more of a once in a while thing than a regular purchase for me.

      Delete