Friday, October 2, 2026

fall season reading list (horror, thriller, and mystery novels)


I have been thinking a lot about a quote that I came across recently: "The internet used to be an escape from the real world. Now the real word is an escape from the internet." This is a very accurate statement. At this point, I am so tired of horrible people having platforms and defenders. Of bots and smear campaigns. Of AI slop and misinformation. Of ads and junk mail. Of a million different passwords, apps, and QR codes. Of all of it. On one hand, the internet has made it so much easier to communicate and find community. (It allows me to share this very blog post!) On the other hand, we are being divided and manipulated. It can be hard to find a healthy balance. In recent months, my focus has been on living my life slightly more offline. Instagram notifications are turned off. Emails only come through when I manually check. My phone is left in another room for hours at a time. And reading? It is my reward at the end of the day instead of scrolling and streaming. On that note, a handful of books have been added to my fall season reading list. Here are some books that I will be reading this month...


Horror and Thrillers. To find books for my fall season reading list, some time was spent browsing my bookshelf. Anything that jumped out to me was added to the pile. Given the fact that spooky season is currently underway, it is no surprise that horror, thrillers, and and mystery novels seemed to stand out most. The first is a massive book that I have called "Classic Tales of Horror," which has dozens of old horror stories. I have read many of them over the years, but it is always nice to re-read some of my favourites, like Dracula's Guest from Bram Stoker and The Open Window by Saki. Next is a suspenseful thriller from Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke called "The Sleeping Beauty Killer." I always pick up Mary Higgins Clark books when I am thrifting and this is one that I have long intended to get around to reading. Now seems like the perfect time!  


Murder Mystery Novels. It is hard for me to resist a murder mystery novel. I love a good whodunnit, especially during the spookiest month of the year. There were three mystery novels added to my fall reading list, starting with "The Murder on the Links" by Agatha Christie. I have been on a bit of an Agatha Christie kick lately, reading the books in my collection and checking out more from the library. This is a Hercule Poirot book, which is always a treat, though I admittedly prefer the Miss Marple books. The next book is one that I bought at a discount shop but have not managed to read yet. "Death at a Country Mansion" is written by Louise R. Innes and focuses on the mysterious death of an opera star. The last book on my fall season reading list is my one of my favourite authors, Leslie Meier. "Trick or Treat Murder" is one that I have read several times before, but love to re-read once October arrives. It focuses on preparations for a local Halloween festival. There is also arson and murder.

This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.

What books are on your fall season reading list? What kind of books do you like to read most during this time of year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment