Sunday, March 27, 2022

review and reveal: charmed aroma harry potter (hogwarts express)


There are many things in the world that bring me joy. Harry Potter is one example! I have so many wonderful memories of reading the books, watching the movies, collecting memorabilia, and attending themed events. Harry Potter has been a significant part of my life for a very long time. So, even though the Hogwarts Express Candle from Charmed Aroma was expensive at $60 CDN...it was something that I could not resist. It was one of those love-at-first-sight moments. Not only would there be a Harry Potter themed necklace inside, but the Hogwarts Express train itself would look perfect on my Harry Potter shelf. (Yes, there is a shelf in my home office dedicated to Harry Potter items.) Without further ado, let's take a closer look at this Harry Potter themed candle and find out what was hidden away inside the Hogwarts Express train.

First thing is first....look at how incredible this Hogwarts Express train is! I am absolutely obsessed with the design of the candle itself. It looks like the train from the movie and has lots of beautiful details, like the Hogwarts crest on the front, lots of gold accents, and Hogwarts Express lettering. It is by far the most elaborate Charmed Aroma candle that I have seen so far. And there have been some pretty elaborate ones in the past, like the Beauty and the Beast candle. Though, this particular release is quite small in terms of the actual candle portion. The train itself is a good size, but the actual candle part is in a fairly small section at the back. According to the packaging, a small faux plant could be added to the back section. Which is exactly how I intended to repurpose this train after the candle wax is all melted and cleaned out. It could also be used to store jewellery.

As for the candle scent, this is described as being a blend of warm sandalwood, soft musk, and vanilla bean. To me, it reminds me of Marshmallow Fireside from Bath & Body Works...only smokier and stronger. It isn't unpleasant by any means, but it has quite a strong scent, so you don't want to burn this one-wick candle for too long. When it came to finding the necklace inside, this did not take long at all. Since this is such a small candle, that foil packet appeared very quickly. Which was fine by me! I am always eager to uncover whatever accessory is hidden inside of the Charmed Aroma candle. There were five possible designs (including a train car and a Hogwarts letter) but my heart was set on the Hogwarts castle. 

Ready to see what was inside the Harry Potter Hogwarts Express candle? It is time for the latest Charmed Aroma reveal...


Hooray! I was so thrilled to reveal the Hogwarts castle necklace. It was the exact piece that I was hoping for. This definitely made the $60 price tag well worth it. Not only is the candle design itself beautiful (and ready to look fabulous on my Harry Potter shelf), but the necklace inside is gorgeous. I love the gold accents and the sparkly stones along the front. It is absolutely stunning and absolutely exceeded all of my expectations. Want to see the reveal take place? Take a closer look at the candle and accessory inside? I filmed a Charmed Aroma review and reveal video for my YouTube channel. Take a look...


What do you think of the necklace? Are you a Harry Potter fan?

9 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with Harry Potter and I NEED this in my life! Thanks for sharing! :)

    🌸 Kiara Era BLOG ðŸŒ¸

    💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to find it! Definitely a great item for any Harry Potter fan!

      Delete
  2. Yes I love to gift special things, it's so personally. I like the frame too, Roségold is always a nice colour. Thanks I hope it :D Thank you again.
    I hope that too, I like strawberries and liqueurs :D The bottle is really beautiful and you're right, it's nice to have a free item. I tried the Naturally Pam Granola for breakfast today and it was so delicious <3

    Great review =) This Harry Potter candle looks so cute, I love that it's the Hogwarts Express :D The scent sound also great, I like sandalwood and vanilla. The necklace is cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is so cute! I love everything about the candle...and the necklace!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely =) It's a nice gift for every Harry Potter fan =)

      Yes the weather is nice for 2 weeks now =) It's a really big mood booster. But I hope the flowers get some water :D It was a really delicious bowl <3

      Delete
  3. As a Potterhead, I am totally in favour of this candle! Love the castle necklace, Shannon, and yay that you didn't have to burn the candle for 5 hours:P The candle is pretty expensive for sure, but so worth it considering you get the train AND that necklace:) Super cool:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I love the necklace so much and I'm really excited to wear it with all my Harry Potter inspired outfits. <3

      Delete
  4. hey! potter head here! That necklace so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Harry Potter is so good. And yes, the necklace is absolutely gorgeous. I am really happy with it :)

      Delete