Tuesday, March 1, 2022

rare beauty week: introduction + mini haul

Rare Beauty initially launched in September 2020...and even though the brand interested me...it wasn't something that I ran out to purchase. Probably because of the pandemic. At that time, leaving the house was not something I was interested in doing and heading to the nearby Sephora was something I could not even fathom. So, it seemed that Rare Beauty had to wait. And it did wait, until fairly recently, when I was gifted a few items from the line over the holiday season. Now? I am ready to dive in headfirst and share reviews, makeup looks, and swatches. Over the next several days, there will be different posts dedicated to the brand. That's right! It is Rare Beauty Week.  I will admit that I am a fan of Selena Gomez and have been for some time. (There was a post about her on the creation of beauty is art. way back in 2011!) That being said, my intention is to review the products from Rare Beauty objectively. Ready to start this theme week off right? Here is a mini haul....


The first item that I was gifted (my mom knows that I love makeup and often spoils me) was the Selena's Faves 4 Piece Mini Set from Rare Beauty. It was the perfect way to test and try many different products from the brand, because it came with a Dewey Liquid Blush, Liquid Luminizer, Matte Lip Cream, and Universal Volumizing Mascara. I love that these are mini sizes, because it lets me know which products would be worth purchasing full-sized versions of...and which may not be worth the splurge. Curious about how these Rare Beauty products perform? Stay tuned. In the next few days, there will be a post with a full review of each product and a makeup look that highlights them. Bonus? There will also be a YouTube video with a first impressions try on featuring the liquid blush, liquid luminizer, matte lip cream, and eyeshadow palette. 

Speaking of the eyeshadow palette...the Magnetic Spirit Eyeshadow Palette from Rare Beauty will be reviewed in an upcoming theme week post. It has six eyeshadows in total. They are all really shimmery and vibrant...and the colour story is a little unexpected. Though my experience with the palette hasn't been all sunshine and roses, there is an awful lot to love. So, check back for a closer look at the Magnetic Spirit Eyeshadow Palette. There will be photos, swatches, a makeup look, and even a memorable story. One thing is certain: this eyeshadow palette is certainly a memorable one. 

Rare Beauty Week has officially begun on the creation of beauty is art. The next several days will be dedicated to all of the products included in this post. Are they good? Bad? Somewhere in between? Stay tuned to find out...

Have you tried anything from Rare Beauty? How did the products perform?

14 comments:

  1. Very nice pallete:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really pretty! There will be a full review here in the next few days :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing eyeshadow palette

    https://www.alyinwanderland.com/2022/02/cute-grunge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's great you got that set as a present so you could try out the products and see if they are right for you! It's nice you can try the eyeshadow set too! I haven't heard of this brand before but looking forward to your reviews as you sound quite excited about the products :)

    Hope that your week is going well! The flood waters have gone down here so we are no longer flooded in which is awesome :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It is always nice to test and try out different things. I am glad things are getting better where you are. That is wonderful news <3

      Delete
  4. they have nice shades. And I love the bottle lid!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lid as well! It makes the products so easy to open!

      Delete
  5. I love Rare Beauty, it arrived in Serbia only recently and I can't wait to get my hands on some of the products! The liquid lipstick in "Courage" will probably be the first, I love that lipstick shade! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried anything from the line, Shannon! Thanks for the heads up:) I haven't been to Sephora since the pandemic but I'll be sure to check this out when I do go:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be in Sephora all the time, but since the pandemic, it hasn't been something I've done. Luckily, my friends and family gifted lots of makeup over the holidays. So I am certainly not without!

      Delete