Sunday, March 13, 2022

review: morphe x jaclyn hill (divine neutrals eyeshadow palette)

YouTube is a passion of mine. I love watching videos related to makeup, fashion, lifestyle, and even theme parks. (Especially theme parks. I've been watching a ton of theme park related content since the pandemic began. I suppose I am living vicariously!) There are some YouTubers that I love more than others. One that has been on my list of loves for several years is Jaclyn Hill. I actually started watching her videos after falling in love with her original eyeshadow palette with Morphe. Since then, I have tried several different products from her...though I haven't yet tried anything from Jaclyn Cosmetics just yet. One day! For now, I am putting the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Divine Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette to good use. 


I am a sucker for a good neutral palette. Though I am always trying to step out of my comfort zone and do something fun and colourful...my instinct tends to be to reach for a nice warm neutral. I just love shimmery metallics and variations of browns. Thankfully, the Divine Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette has a combination of both. The top row has six velvet matte shades (with a soft cream for blending and light, medium, and dark brown colours) and the bottom row has six shimmer shadows (with champagne shades, golds, and shades of brown) for lots and lots of variety. Even though this is an all neutral palette, there are a lot of different looks that can be created. Something all matte, all shimmer, or a combination of the two. As you can see from the swatches above, there is an impressive amount of colour payoff. These shadows perform well and blend easily. I especially love how soft and richly pigmented the matte shades are. A little bit goes a long way. As for the shimmers, these are beautiful and add lots of shine. Some of the shimmers are a little creamier than others, but they all look gorgeous. 

The packaging for this Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette is simple, but does the trick. It comes in a pretty simple cardboard package with a simple neutral design on the front. While it is nothing over the top or elaborate, it fits in well with the neutral theme. Something else I love? The names inside. There are some really fun eyeshadow shade names, like Chic Happens, Cinnamon Roll, and Birthday Suit. All in all, this is a really stellar release and I love been loving it. Ready to see the palette in action? Here is a makeup look using the Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Divine Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette...


The shade Good Vibes was used through the crease and Birthday Suit was used on the first third of the lid. Then Drippin' was applied to the remainder of the lid, for a little contrast in the shades of gold. To add a little extra depth to the look, Cinnamon Roll was applied to the outer corner and along the lower lash line. Awe Luxe was added to the inner corner and underneath the brow bone to complete the look. Ready to take a closer look at the palette? It was included in a recent favourites video on my YouTube channel...along with a few other items that I have been loving lately. Take a look! 


Have you tried anything from Jaclyn Hill? What is your favourite neutral eyeshadow palette?

12 comments:

  1. Hi dear! I don't know this brand but the palette is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great neutral palette! Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I love this song so much <3 It's perfect when someone get on your nerves :D Thanks a lot =)
    Thanks a lot, I like this word too :D Oh yes her videos are so much fun and it's nice to be so motivated the whole time. Thank you, this was really annoying. I hope that too =)

    Great review, this palette looks so beautiful =) I like the colours perfect for everyday make up looks. I know Jaclyn Hill only from videos but I would try it too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I love having those everyday products on hand. Hopefully you are able to try this :)

      Delete
  3. This neutral palette sounds lovely, Shannon! I must admit...I haven't tried any Jaclyn Hill cosmetics but from the reviews I've read, some of pretty fab! Thanks for the review, and as always, love love love your FOTD! And love the vid too! Like you, I haven't been wearing much lipsticks or any lip products in general since the pandemic began, but once in awhile, I do use it just for the heck of it:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is nice to just wear lipstick "because" and not necessarily to go out anywhere.

      Delete
  4. Hi dear! Love it this eyeshadow palette of Morphe x Jaclyn Hill, neutrals colors always are necesary for day by day, nice review hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It is always nice to have some easy to use neutrals!

      Delete
  5. The shades are lovely! I really like the metallics and you wear them so well! :)

    Hope that your week is off to a good start! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shades, and the little bottles are cute and pretty!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete