Sunday, September 12, 2021

review + makeup look (too faced let's play on-the-fly palette)

Nothing makes me feel quite as wonderful as Too Faced. Their products always add a little extra light to my days. From the cute packaging to the inventive themes and the beautiful colours...there is so much to love. Not long ago, my husband and I were out and saw a little stand of Too Faced products. He said, "Go pick something," and that is how the Too Faced Let's Play On-The-Fly Eye Shadow Palette came into my life. It was a lovely and unexpected treat! Why did I choose this palette instead of the others? Well, it was a nice compact size, was themed around an old school Gameboy, and was bubble gum scented. Check, check, and check. Here is everything you need to know about this cute and colourful eyeshadow palette. 

Packaging and Theme. Something that Too Faced excels at is coming up with fun themes for their products. From their peach line to their limited edition holiday releases, there is always something whimsical to choose from. The Let's Play palette is a prime example. It is themed like an old-school Gameboy and totally takes me back to long car rides in the backseat of my parents car. The best part? This packaging is compact in size (like the Salted Caramel palette) and comes in sturdy tin packaging. It really is ideal for travel or on-the-go use because it is such an easy-to-carry size but also won't be damaged if you take it with you in a purse or suitcase. Another bonus? This palette is scented. Now, if you are someone that does not like scented products, this definitely will not be ideal for you. That being said...the scent is quite pleasant and not overpowering. It is supposed to smell like bubble gum, but to me, it just smells somewhat sweet. 


Shade Selection and Swatches. Inside this pint-sized eyeshadow palette are eight different colours. There are two lighter shades on the side: one matte and one shimmer that can be used to blend out or on the inner corner. Then there are lots of warm burgundies and metallic shades. I love that there are both matte and shimmer shades to choose from, so there is always a lot of variety. I also love that the shade selection is so warm and beautiful - and that it will be excellent for the fall season. Something else to note? The eyeshadow names. These also tie into the video game theme, with names like Joystick, 1 Up, and Cheat Code. As for the quality? These are impressive overall...though there is a decent amount of fallout with the shimmer shade Multi-Player. The other shimmers don't have that issue, though, so it is a bit odd. When using that particular shadow, be sure to use an eyeshadow primer or apply your eye makeup before your foundation. The rest of the shadows perform well and look absolutely stunning on the eyes. Between the shade selection and the quality, this is a winner. 


Makeup Look and YouTube Video. The makeup look (pictured above) was created for a recent YouTube video dedicated to this small but mighty eyeshadow palette. It made good use of those rich burgundy shades (both matte and shimmer) to create something that was warm and dramatic. I love how quick and easy this palette is to use and all of the different makeup looks that can be created with something so small and compact. For another look at the Let's Play On-The-Fly Eye Shadow Palette and this burgundy makeup look, be sure to check out my latest YouTube video. 


Rating: 4 / 5

This palette from Too Faced is absolutely wonderful. The only reason it was given a 4/5 instead of a 5/5 was because of the fallout on the shade, Multi-Player. It is an inconsistency within the formula. The rest of the shades perform really well and look beautiful. Overall, the Let's Play On-The-Fly Eye Shadow Palette is colourful, fun to use, well themed, and an ideal size. 

Have you tried this palette? Are you a fan of Too Faced products?

24 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty eyeshadow palette! I'm looking forward to watching the video tutorial :-)
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.soniaverardo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! It is a really fabulous palette and I have been enjoying it a lot lately! <3

      Delete
  2. This palette looks sooo good! I really love the colors and the makeup you did! Have a lovely day, dear xx

    https://fallingforvogue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice palette and totally love your makeup and hair :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really like the decor of your blog! <3
    I have this palette too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really awesome product test =) You're right.

    Great review =) This palette packaging looks cute and I love the colours, especially the one with glitter <3 Your make up look is also pretty, I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops there were another comment from you :D

      Thanks a lot =) Yes I love my new brush set, it's so cute and Roségold is always good. The eyeshadows are so beautiful, I love them <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you! Yes, the packaging is really cute and I love something themed! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the look you created and it's good that the shadows are so easy to work with and wear - a shame one of the glitters has a lot of fall out but good it's just that one and the others are fine! it's a really cute palette too, I like that design!

    Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! And yes, the palette design is really beautiful! Thank you <3

      Delete
  7. Such lovely makeup and this tone suits you so well :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/09/the-corduroy-2021-shopping-guide-where.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the shimmers here! so pretty! too faced is one of my personal favorites

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, me too! I love warm burgundy shades for eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete