Thursday, September 2, 2021

hello september + cottage vacation highlights

One very serious question: how on earth is it September already? Where did the time go? Perhaps it has to do with the fact that this has been another rather unusual season. Normally, the last days and weeks of summer are spent at concerts, amusement parks, and lots of outdoor events. This year? COVID-19 cases are climbing in my province and it feels like this pandemic will never end. I remember last year at this time, it seemed certain that summer 2021 would be overloaded with fun-filled activities and get-togethers with friends. The reality is drastically different. At any rate....there is something wonderful about the start of a new month. Not only does it feel like a fresh chapter but this particular month also signals the start of the fall season. The first day of autumn in September 22 and I cannot wait. 


Fall is always an exciting time of year...but it is especially meaningful this year. It is nice to have things to look forward to and I have missed that since the start of the pandemic. Right now, I am looking forward to cooler temperatures, oversized sweaters, warm colours, pumpkin spice everything, and fabulous fall candles. Not to mention harvest themed home décor! And a little later into fall, there will be some birthdays (my dad, brother, myself, and my sister all have fall birthdays) and of course, spooky season: Halloween. This new season brings with it a sense of restoration and hope. Thank goodness for September.

End of Summer Getaway: Cottage Vacation Highlights 


Though the start of a new month is certainly welcome...August had its moments. As I mentioned in my glamping tips post, my husband and I spent a week with my immediate family at a cottage recently. It was certainly unusual to leave the house and enjoy a change of scenery, but it was very much needed. We spent the week going on walks, playing badminton in the backyard, hanging out on the dock, paddle boating, playing board games, and exploring the nearby towns (with masks on and plenty of sanitizer on hand). Some of the highlights for me included: visiting Kawartha Settlers Village, shopping in Bobcaygeon, and all of the family time. Though the weather forecast predicted several rainy days, the weather held out and we were able to really make the most of our time at the cottage. Here are a few pictures from the week away...






This summer didn't exactly go as planned, but I am grateful for all of the special moments. Especially the week at the cottage with my family. I am truly blessed to be able to spend time with the people that I love most in the world. Whatever your summer looked like (or looks like)....I hope there were special memories tucked in there somewhere. 

Are you excited about the start of a new month? What do you have planned in September?

17 comments:

  1. I loved this post:) thanks for your sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed how on earth is it Sept already!!!! Roll on Hallowe'en :-D

    Great photos and love the door mat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm still tired and I have a little cold =( Thank you, I'm still sleeping much and do nothing, so my body can get healthy soon again :D

    September is one of my favourite months, I like the autumn vibes and some late summer days =) This pictures are really beautiful, I like them. In September I want to travel to Berlin =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I hope you feel better soon! Glad you are resting in the meantime. Absolutely! It is such a special time of year <3

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful place!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the waterfall was so beautiful to see in person! I really loved it there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. god love the photos! A speciall moment indeed <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post.
    Thanks for your sharing.

    www.paginasempreto.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post dear! Photos are amazing !

    ReplyDelete