Saturday, April 18, 2020

review: physicians formula murumuru butter (brazilian pout lip kit)


Every once and a while, a beauty item leaves a serious mark. Last year, Physicians Formula released their Butter Collection x Casey Holmes collaboration. (You can read my full review of that collection here.) In that collection, there was a Murumuru Butter Lipstick in the shade Pop the Bubbly. That Butter Lipstick totally flipped the script. The formula was so incredible that the drugstore lipstick became my go-to during the spring and summer months. Not long ago, I stumbled across a Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter lip set. The Brazilian Pout Kit offered a lip mask as well as three different lipstick shades. Given how much of an impact Pop the Bubbly had on my makeup routine....it was impossible to pass up this drugstore set. Are these shades as fabulous as the original? Was this lip set worth adding to my collection? Keep reading for a full review of the products along with a YouTube try on video.


Murumuru Butter Lip Sleeping Mask



Lip masks and I have long been acquainted. For the last little while, my go-to was the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, but now? I have a new favourite. The Murumuru Butter Lip Sleeping Mask is described as a leave-on mask that coats the lips with their Amazonian Butter blend and leaves a moisturized and soft finish. There is a lot to love here. Not only is this formula thick (in a good way) and creamy but it adds intense hydration to the lips. If that wasn't enough, it also smells absolutely incredible. Though I don't know the exact scent....I like to describe it as tropical vacation. The smell is absolutely divine. It is worth wearing for that reason alone, let alone how well it works. Something else I really enjoy is the packaging. While it is a pretty standard container, there is a small removable topper that snaps back into place. This prevents the product from drying out prematurely. Those little details always go a long way.


Murumuru Butter Lip Creams



Now for the lip products. There were three shades included in the Brazilian Pout Lip Kit. They were Soaking Up The Sun (warm peachy nude), Mauvin' To Brazil (pink mauve shade), and Acai Berry (dark berry). It was very smart to include a nude, a medium shade, and then a darker colour. That gives this set versatility. Which is always a good thing! According to the brand, these product are "packed with essential fatty acids and pro-vitamins that soften, condition, and nourish lips, leaving them silky soft." All of this is true and then some. The formula is so rich, buttery, and creamy. It feels hydrating on the lips and doesn't dry out whatsoever. This is ideal for someone like me who has dry lips and relies on lip balms consistently. Not only are these intensely moisturizing but they are also really quick and easy to apply. Plus they have an impressive amount of colour payoff. Want to see them in action? I did a review and lipstick try on in my latest YouTube video. Check it out...



Out of all the shades, my favourite in this set is probably Mauvin' To Brazil. It gives that gorgeous flush of colour and suits a wide array of makeup looks. It is warm, pretty, and ultra flattering. Though that is my personal favourite shade...all of them are really fabulous. I can see myself wearing them an awful lot in the months to come. Below is the shade Acai Berry. The colour is beautiful, the formula is fabulous, and the finish is ultra glamorous and glossy.


Rating: 5 / 5

Overall, I would say the Brazilian Pout Lip Kit was a successful purchase. The lip mask is hydrating and smells wonderful. Each of the lipsticks are creamy, moisturizing, and look wonderful. To say that I am a fan of this line would be an understatement. Physicians Formula has truly brought something special to the drugstore.

Have you tried any of these products? Are you a fan of Physicians Formula?

22 comments:

  1. I want to shop especially makeup product 😊 summer is very close . Thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I know it's hard at the moment with not being able to shop or really plan for the summer, but it sure is nice to think about!

      Delete
  2. Very nice colors. I like your page very much💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colors are really nice. I would like to buy this things but because of corona I can't buy them. Great post, my darling.
    If you don't follow me yet, can u follow me back, because I'm new? I'm already following you ;)
    My new and first post: Welcome | SelfCactii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat! Everything is closed so I'm currently focused on using things I have/testing out products I meant to review. It's a good time to get creative and make use of what is on hand! Thank you for the support. You certainly have mine :)

      Delete
  4. I think I have one of the lipsticks but didn't open it yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when you do, definitely let me know what you thought of it!

      Delete
  5. I really like physicians formula, this product sounds great! :)

    Perla Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Everything I've tried from them has been really fantastic. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  6. Great post dear,as always!Product sounds really great!
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this kit seems really nice! I love this brand so I'll look for it ^^ And the shade Acai Berry looks really beautiful on you!
    xx

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! All of the products were definitely wonderful.

      Delete
  8. Your lips are a pretty colour. They look good the lip creams. Don't know the brand though! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ä°t looks very nice thanks for sharing ☺️

    ReplyDelete