Thursday, February 20, 2020

makeup revolution week: eyeshadow palettes (3 palettes 3 looks)


One thing I cannot seem to get enough of? Eyeshadow palettes. My obsession with eyeshadow palettes knows no bounds. I can't even imagine the number of palettes I've reviewed here on the creation of beauty is art. over the years! It is something of an obsession. So imagine my delight when I discovered that this holiday set from Revolution (aka Makeup Revolution or Makeup Revolution London) included not one, not two, but three eyeshadow palettes. There is the Metallic Crush Pigment Palette, Ultimate Neutrals Pigment Palette, and the Velvet Mattes Pigment Palette. Since there were so many eyeshadows to test and try...I decided to do a 3 palettes 3 looks post. So there will be one makeup look made from each palette along with a mini review of the overall quality. Here goes!


Look #1: Metallic Crush Pigment Palette 


Right off the bat, this palette was exciting. Look at all the colour! All the shimmer! This certainly isn't a collection of colours that will fade into the background. There are plenty of beautiful shades to choose from, ranging from a yellow-gold to a deep green, bright pink, and orange. These shimmers have a nice amount of colour payoff, blend easily, and are quite buildable. I also really love the texture of these eyeshadows. They are smooth and have a lovely creamy texture.


 For the makeup look (shown above) using this palette, I used Vegas (that lilac shade) all over the lid with Circus (the orange) blended through the crease, and a bit of Demon (the burgundy) on the outer corner and along the lower lash line. It was a quick and easy makeup look that made good use of these colourful shadows.


Look #2: Ultimate Neutrals Pigment Palette


Here is something is a little better suited for everyday use. The Ultimate Neutrals Pigment Palette from Revolution has a nice selection of warm neutral shades. Which is probably why this has been my recent go-to for work. I love the beautiful neutrals, the fact that there are warm burgundy shades, and a combination of light, medium, and dark eyeshadow colours. Additionally, there are both matte and shimmer shades. This is a well-rounded palette that would work well in any makeup collection. Whether you are a makeup beginner or a little more advanced, there is plenty to work with here. 


The look I created using this palette (shown above) was all about putting together a quick, easy, everyday kind of look. Something simple but effective. It featured the shade Shine (soft gold) all over the lid with Master (medium brown) through the crease and a hint of Absolute (dark taupe) on the outer crease.


Look #3: Velvet Mattes Pigment Palette


Last but not least is this all matte eyeshadow palette. The shade selection has a nice balance between everyday neutrals, darker shades, and a bold splash of colour. I love that all of the shades are matte - which is wonderful for people who tend to reach for matte shades day after day. (Though I confess, I am not one of them!) The Velvet Mattes Pigment Palette is easy to wear and ultra functional.


Since I mentioned above that all matte looks are not my cup of tea (but it's okay if it is your preference)...I mixed and matched a bit with this particular makeup look. I applied the shade Terracotta (warm brown) all over the lid, blended out with Always (a lighter brown), and worked a combination of the darkest shades Ground and Panther through the crease for a more defined look. Since I can't live without a little bit of shimmer....I took a bit of Shine from the last palette and applied it underneath the brow bone and in the inner corner of the eye. 

Overall, these palettes were impressive, exciting, and enjoyable to use. They have certainly been making the rounds in my makeup collection lately. I look forward to creating even more makeup looks in the weeks and months to come. 

Which look do you like best? Are you a fan of these eyeshadow palettes?

18 comments:

  1. I am so happy Shoppers carries this line now! You look fab in all these looks, Shannon:) Thanks for the review. I think I'll be checking out that Velvet Matte palette coz I'm a matte girl:)
    Hope you're having a lovely week so far:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely an exciting addition! I hope you enjoy the matte palette when you get it!

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite makeup gurus! You look beautiful, and the shades are nice!

    Marie
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I've not bought anything from them in awhile. All matte colours are not for me too, but I love this makeup and that Terracotta is one I'd definitely wear. <3 :)/Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are definitely some great products from there! That is a really pretty shade!

      Delete
  4. Estupenda información! Que bonita la paleta! ♥️♥️♥️
    Que tengas feliz fin de semana! 🧡🧡🧡

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. I love the first palette. And your makeup looks fab in all 3 :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the third the most! so dramatic and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much! I liked the way that turned out as well.

      Delete