Wednesday, February 12, 2020

stila part two: light up the night (eye and lip set review)


Are you ready for part two of my Stila review? In my last blog post dedicated to the Liquid Eyeshadow Set, I mentioned that this brand wasn't largely on my radar. Though I'd tried a few things here or there...it simply wasn't a brand that I found myself purchasing in bulk. However, in recent months, a couple of Stila sets made their way into my makeup collection. The first was the liquid eyeshadow set and the second set is the focus of today's post. The Light Up The Night Eye & Lip Set includes an eyeliner, mascara, and a lip gloss. Definitely a great way to test and try a handful of products from the brand. Here is everything you need to know about this high-end beauty set.


Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black.  First in this lip and eye set is the Stay All Day eyeliner pen. The product itself is fairly small and compact (since it is a travel size version) making it great for those on-the-go moments. As for the packaging, it is pretty standard. The eyeliner pen looks like a lot of other liner pens I've used in the past (like this eyeliner pen from Paris Hilton Cosmetics, for instance). The felt tip applicator is structured but has a nice amount of flexibility as well. Personally, I like an eyeliner with even more structure but a lot of people prefer lots of moment to create winged eye looks with ease. It all comes down to personal preference. The formula is wonderful however, because it glides on easily and comes in a rich, deep black colour. It definitely makes a statement. In terms of application, it is simple and fairly foolproof to put to use. This is a suitable option for makeup beginners link and advanced beauty enthusiasts alike. I also love that this is a waterproof formula. It is definitely coming in handy during all of the snowstorms we've been having lately! All in all, this is a solid product and I really enjoy using it.

HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara. When it comes to mascara, I am rarely adventurous. I have a handful of products that I love and don't tend to venture into uncharted territory all that often. Why test out four or five different mascaras when I already have ones I know, love, and use regularly? That being said, I was curious about the performance of the Stila mascara. Honestly? I think this is a good but not great item. It does a nice job and doesn't flake or smudge. It also adds an impressive amount of colour to the lashes, as well as volume and length. However, I prefer a slightly wetter formula. (Think Cover Girl's The Super Sizer or Benefit's They're Real!) The reason? That wetter formula makes it easier to layer and build up the product before the mascara fully dries. On the plus side, I'll be using up this mascara - and enjoying it. In all honesty though, I can't see myself running out to purchase a full size tube.

Beauty Boss Lip Gloss in Casual Friday. The last item in the Light Up The Night Eye & Lip Set was a lip gloss in the shade Casual Friday. The colour itself is a lovely nude shade in a caramel colour. When it comes to glosses, I am pretty picky. I can't stand anything remotely sticky or uncomfortable. Which is why it was such a lovely surprise to discover that the Stila formula was so fabulous. It was glossy and gorgeous but also felt really comfortable and not the least bit sticky. It wears naturally throughout the day as well, which is wonderful. (I ate and drank with it on and the shade still looked great post-meal.) Knowing how wonderful the formula is makes me want to try out some other gloss shades from the line in future. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled. And in the meantime, I will be making good use of this lovely nude lip gloss.

Ready to see all three Stila products in action? Below is a makeup look that made good use of all three products. The liner is the Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, the mascara is the HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara, and the lip gloss is the Beauty Boss Lip Gloss. To finish out the look, I used the Morphe x Jeffree Star eyeshadow palette and the Too Faced medium breakaway palette from the Cookie House Party collection on the cheeks.


Are you a fan of Stila? Have you tried any of these products?

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful make-up!

    I have never tried Stila products yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a ton of experience with the brand but I really love a lot of what I've tried!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful make up look.You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and amazing. I like ur post and blog so much!
    Ilmaha |Zapratite♥️ |

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lip color! It’s the perfect pinky nude! I don’t have a ton of Stila products but they do seem to be getting a little more hype lately from people! They’re coming out with a lot of new products lately as well! Thanks for sharing with us.

    xo, Sarah
    http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know they are stepping up their releases! Thank you so much for your comment :)

      Delete