For the most part, my makeup purchases happen at the drugstore. My all-time favourite mascara is from Cover Girl, I normally use foundations from Rimmel, and my most-used concealer is from Hard Candy. Despite this, there are an awful lot of high-end products in my makeup collection....and plenty of them are from Too Faced. It is my brand of choice. Since there are so many wonderful Too Faced products on the marked (along with their limited edition holiday releases that always seem to dazzle), it was pretty difficult to come up with a top five list. Many items fell just short of those coveted spots. Without further ado, here are my top five favourite products from Too Faced.
- Melted Liquid Lipstick in Jelly Donut The Too Faced line of melted lipsticks is stellar. In fact, there are a variety of colours (and finishes) in my collection. Out of all of them, my absolute favourite is the shade Jelly Donut. It is a vibrant pink with a hint of red - making it both bold and easy to wear. This shade has been with me for many special events.
- Then & Now Eyeshadow Palette As you may know from my earlier posts this week, I am a big fan of their recent anniversary collection. The glittering packaging, the variety of colours, and the throwback eyeshadows make this a wonderful collectors item and eyeshadow palette. It is one that I have enjoyed using - and love to display.
- Own Your Pretty Palette Another palette that I absolutely adore is the Own Your Pretty palette. Though it is pretty old now....my obsession with it was immediate. It is loaded with beautiful neutrals and sparkly pops of colour. Plus, there were bronzers, blushes, and a highlight included as well. It is a must-have for the holiday season.
- Mascara Melt Off This is a product that actually delivers. (You can see a demo of it on my YouTube channel.) It removes waterproof mascara with ease....pretty impressive! This is a wonderful example of the other side of Too Faced. For the most part, they are known for their glitters and cute packaging. However, they actually have a ton of really wonderful essential items as well.
- Glamour Dust in Glitterally When I say I love glitter, I love glitter. It is a total obsession of mine! So when a pot of finely milled white/silver glitter was included with the Too Faced Power of Makeup set, I was excited to try it out. Out of all the glitters in my collection, this is the one that I reach for most often. It is very small and fine, which makes it easier to be precise with application. It also looks gorgeous with any and all eyeshadow looks. I just love it.
Though this list is varied, it contains an awful lot of glitter and glitz. That is what I think Too Faced does best. (Though their everyday items are impressive as well. The Better Than Sex mascara is stellar and I hear amazing things about the Born This Way foundation line.) Personally, I feel like a lot of makeup brands take themselves too seriously. Too Faced is definitely not guilty of this! They seem to remember that makeup is meant to be a fun, creative expression of self. And their products make it easy to achieve that goal.
These are my top five favourite Too Faced products. What are yours?