Wednesday, April 17, 2024

testing out quo lip products (plumping gloss and lipstick)

I've tried a handful of Quo Beauty products over the years. Standouts include their makeup brushes and some of the Pride Collection items. Despite testing out a few items from Quo Beauty in the past, I am not overly familiar with the brand offerings, since items are tried on a rather sporadic basis. However, every now and then, I attend an event or receive different beauty samples with purchase, and am able to try out an assortment of products. More recently, that included some Quo Beauty lip products. Want to find out how these perform? Here are some mini reviews of the Lip Boost Plumping Gloss and Lipstick. 

The first product is the Power Pout Mini Lipstick in the shade Licorice. It is a bright orange-red and comes in a cute little package. This is the ideal size to throw in your purse or take on a vacation. The lipstick applies well and isn't overly dry like some other bullet style lipsticks out there. I like the formula and the level of pigmentation. This Power Pout Mini Lipstick is bright and bold. It definitely delivers on the colour front! Since this was a gift with purchase scenario, the colour is not one that I would have necessarily chosen for myself. Though I do wear red lipstick occasionally around the holiday season, it is a little more high maintenance than I prefer on a regular basis. It is pretty, but not something that I am likely to reach for unless it is for a special event or specific makeup look. The second product is the Lip Boost Plumping Gloss. According to the website, there are several shades available, but the one I have is a light pink with some sparkle. This is supposed to offer a sheer wash of colour and plump the lips. Like many other plumping lip products that I have tried in the past, this essentially makes the lips feel tingly and uncomfortable. I never seem to notice them appearing more plump than before, but maybe that is because I am too busy hating that tingly sensation. I wish I had realized this was a plumping gloss before I tried it, but alas! 

Recently, both lip products were put to the test to see how each performed. While I like the colour of the plumping gloss (when I first started wearing makeup, it was popular to essentially remove the colour from your lips with foundation or a skin-toned lipstick colour, so this kind of colour is always a weakness of mine)...the actual performance is not ideal. It has that tingling sensation that so many plumping products have. As for the lipstick, it actually looks pretty nice, but it is not something that I am likely to use on a regular basis because of the colour. There are a few other shades from the line that interest me, so it is possible that on my next trip to the drugstore, something more suited to my tastes will be added to the shopping cart. 

Have you tried anything from Quo Beauty? What are your current favourite lip products?

8 comments:

  1. I do not know Quo Beauty. I would like the lipstick color. The packaging is really cute.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of the brand before but the nude color looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I love this autographs so much, super cute. Thanks my cover photo is really cool, didn't know that I can do some model poses :D
    Thanks, last week was awful. But this week is so much better, I have so much energy and feel good again (okay sometimes my belly is a little bit annoying xD).
    Thank you =) Yes I love to eat healthy but I still love to eat some sweets and other cheat meals :D Sometimes it's hard to find a balance, but I do my best. Oh chocolate is so delicious <3
    Absolutely sweet =)

    Great review =) This lip duo looks super interesting.
    The red lipstick is perfect for ladies nights and the gloss is perfect for every day looks. I like it and you look beautiful as always =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like the lipstick, Shannon! But thanks for the honest review:) I've only tried the Quo brushes, and the concealer palette which I do love. I don't think I've tried any of the lip products or eyeshadows tho.
    Hope you're having a fab Thursday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting tests, I don't know these products. It's great that I got to know them thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quite like that lip colour, to be honest, and it looks great on you too. Admittedly, this shade of lipstick is a bit more high maintenance that a more neutral shade. Which is why I hardly use any bullet-style lipstick these days, preferring long-stay liquid ones instead. xxx

    ReplyDelete