Friday, April 19, 2024

current obsession: cover girl lash blast cleantopia (ultramarine black)


Cover Girl mascaras are impressive. I've tried a handful from the brand that have wowed, including my all-time favourite, The Super Sizer. Most recently, I gave the Lash Blast Cleantopia Mascara in Ultramarine Black a try. It is described as "an intense black mascara shade with a hint of blue for brighter, wide-awake eyes." Talk about an intriguing idea. After all, I am pretty committed to black mascara, but still love the idea of having fun with colour. This particular mascara seemed like the perfect way to check off both boxes. Keep reading for all the information about this unusual drugstore beauty product.


Cover Girl is a brand that will always be near and dear to my heart. Some of my earliest makeup purchases were from this brand. I remember loving the Lash Blast mascara back in the day, before trying out different types, so it was interesting to try out this Cleantopia version. According to the brand, the Last Blast Cleantopia Mascara is the first "plant-powered clean vegan mascara formulated with 100% cellulose plant fibers. This shade contains ultramarine pigments." This is a clean, vegan formula, that is made with 72% natural origin ingredients. To be honest, I don't tend to purchase a lot of "clean" beauty products on purpose, since they tend to expire faster, which can result in more waste. However, since mascara is only good for a handful of months anyway, the clean formula isn't something that I am worried about in this instance. 

This mascara is supposed to lengthen and volumize the lashes and the brand claims that it is easy to remove - and even leaves the lashes feeling conditioned and nourished. It also boasts a 24-hour smudge-proof and flake-proof formula. So...does the mascara match the claims? Yes. I have really loved the Lash Blast Cleantopia Mascara in Ultramarine Black. In terms of the formula, the wand makes application easy for the upper and lower lashes, it stays all day without smudging, and it adds a nice amount of volume and length. Though I love the bold drama of The Super Sizer mascara, this Cleantopia mascara works really well. I especially love the Ultramarine Black colour. It still provides all the drama of a traditional black mascara (I love a bold mascara and eyeliner look) but adds a subtle hint of colour. The blue doesn't look too over the top, but it is noticeable all the same. This is really well balanced and a whole lot of fun. I am definitely adding the Lash Blast Cleantopia Mascara to my repurchase list. It is nice a nice way to change up my makeup without doing anything too wild. This is definitely a favourite

Have you tried the Lash Blast Cleantopia Mascara from Cover Girl? Would you ever wear colourful mascara?

9 comments:

  1. Wenn das Ergebnis nach dem Auftragen ist, wie auf den Bildern - dann kann es nur gut aussehen. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mascara sounds very interesting, I would wear it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo wow this IS a fun idea. I may have to try this. Thanks for the heads up on this.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review, this mascara sounds really good =) It's always nice to have a mascara which give you volume and length. I would try it too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the lookout for a good mascara, so I'll definitely be checking this one out if I can find somewhere that still sells Cover Girl ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a covergirl mascara before but it sounds really interesting! It's great you love it and the hint of blue would be fun to try indeed! :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As for me, I haven't tried this particular mascara yet, but your review definitely piques my interest. And regarding colorful mascara, I think it's a fun way to switch up a makeup look without going too bold. It adds a playful element while still being wearable for everyday occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh haven't tried colourful mascara before, need to give it a go! xx

    Danielle’s Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know it, but considering the shape of the brush, I already liked it. :)
    Xoxo
    https://myheartaintabrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete