Friday, January 27, 2023

charmed aroma review and reveal (hogwarts snow globe candle)

Snow globes are nostalgic. Growing up, there were always lots and lots of seasonal snow globes around. My mom had a modest collection of snow globes with Christmas cottages and toy shops tucked away inside. I always loved shaking the globes and watching the snow fall over the wintery scene. Even though I am an adult now, snow globes still connect me to those childhood memories. Which is why it was so thrilling to receive a Hogwarts Snow Globe Candle from my parents this past Christmas. My love of Harry Potter is no secret, but it feels complicated these days. I want to make clear that I detest J. K. Rowling and her harmful views. (Not sure what the controversy is? Check out this article to better understand why her exclusionary language is so dangerous.) I love the world of Harry Potter, the characters, the magic, and the themes of love and connection. It is a shame that the author has tarnished something so special. Sometimes it is possible to separate the art from the artist and sometimes it is not. At this point, I have not been able to let go of my love for Harry Potter. It means too much. Please know that by sharing this Hogwarts themed snow globe, I am in no way endorsing or supporting the views expressed by J.K. Rowling. That is not who I am. On a much happier note, the snow globe itself makes me feel nostalgic in the best possible way. Here is a review and reveal of the Hogwarts Castle Necklace Collection Snow Globe Candle from Charmed Aroma.

This snow globe candle is pretty amazing. There are two separate parts. The bottom half is the actual candle (where the Hogwarts inspired necklace is hidden) and the top half is the snow globe itself. It has the Hogwarts castle in gold. On the inside, there are flecks of gold and white. The two pieces fit together. Once the candle has been used and the base has been cleaned, it is possible to store odds and ends in there. I think this will be a place for me to organize my Harry Potter themed jewellery and pins. The base of the Snow Globe Jewellery Candle has the Hogwarts crest in gold and lots of beautiful little details. Everything about this candle is themed to perfection. That is something I really love about all of the Charmed Aroma releases. There is always so much thought that goes into the designs. It makes the whole experience feel extra special. 


As for the candle scent, this is fabulous. Some scents are really strong but this particular fragrance is light and pleasant. According to the brand, it has a "mesmerizing scent blend of sparking bergamot, sandalwood, spiced amber, and powdered musk." Based on the description, the scent should be a musky and grounding, but somehow, this feels refreshing and uplifting. It is a candle that I have enjoyed using, even after the jewellery was uncovered. Speaking of the jewellery, there were five possible designs. Some of them were intriguing (like the one with a wand and the one that looked like a mini snow globe) but there were a couple that did not interest me (the rectangular design and the one that looked like a compass). Thankfully, the necklace that was hidden inside was the perfect design for me. Read to see what it looks like? Here is the reveal....


Ta da! This necklace is ultra dainty and delicate. The silver chain is fairly thin and the Hogwarts inspired pendant is maybe an inch tall. I like that this is themed but still really wearable. The design is round with the Hogwarts castle in the middle. The background is navy blue (like the candle base) and the moon in the sky has a cluster of sparkly stones. It is so pretty. Based on the Charmed Aroma appraisal, this Harry Potter themed candle has an estimated value of $80. Not too bad! 

All in all, this Charmed Aroma snow globe candle was a winner. I love that the base of the candle can hold jewellery and other smaller items. The snow globe itself is gorgeous and looks beautiful when the flecks of gold and white swirl around. The candle itself is so pleasant and the jewellery that was inside is totally my style. This Charmed Aroma release was a real winner.

What do you think of this necklace? Do you have any snow globes in your home?

10 comments:

  1. I loved this sharing:) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks beautiful! I don't have one myself, but I've always liked playing with them :) They're beautiful, magical, and my favorite ones are the ones with a music box inside! This one looks really beautiful and is wonderful for HP fans! Well, I'm delighted :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely beautiful! Yes, music box snow globes are always extra special.

      Delete
  3. That snow globe is fantastic, Shannon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow globe element is so cool. :) I love that it is also a candle.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really strange and I hope that too :D
    Lancôme is a nice brand and I think the products will be great =) You're right.

    Great post =) This Harry Potter snow globe candle looks so amazing, it's really a special thing and the jewellery is cute.

    ReplyDelete