Monday, January 9, 2023

holiday highlights: the 12 days of christmas disney advent calendar


What is it about advent calendars? Each December, they manage to amaze and delight. There is something so fun about the element of surprise, the anticipation that builds as the countdown continues, and the fact that there is a fun treat to enjoy day after day. Behind each little door, there is always a small surprise waiting. It might be a chocolate or a beauty item or even a pair of socks! Yes, I love advent calendars. In fact, I love them so much that I watch advent calendar unboxing videos on YouTube and opened four different calendars of my own this year. This year, I had a traditional chocolate calendar, an Elf on the Shelf calendar, a Funko pop calendar for The Office, and a Disney accessories calendar. The latter was the 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar and it was purchased in Disneyland in the fall. It retailed for $34.99 USD but is currently on sale for $16.98 USD. (Just in case you are interested.) Ready to find out what was inside the calendar? Here is a belated reveal...


When it comes to packaging, this advent calendar is oh so cute. The accessories came in a sturdy cardboard box with a wonderful holiday themed Minnie Mouse illustration on the front. (I confess: I kept the box and will continue to store these festive accessories inside it year round.) This is a 12 day calendar, but there are actually 14 accessories in total. The 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar included a pair of gold hoop earrings and a gold necklace chain. Those were not considered "days" in the calendar, which I really appreciated. I've opened calendars in the past where those essential items were unveiled on either the first or last day. Something to note? The gold hoops and necklace chain can be worn alone or some of the other accessories in the calendar can be added to them for an extra dose of Disney holiday magic.

So what was inside the calendar? There were four sets of stud earrings tucked away inside. This included some colourful Christmas present earrings, a Mickey mouse gingerbread set, a Minnie Mouse Christmas cookie set, and a Mickey Mouse Christmas cookie set. I've worn these a lot (during the holidays and after) and just adore them. The earrings are cute, colourful, and easy to wear. I especially love the Mickey gingerbread earrings, since gingerbread is my favourite cookie ever. They perfect blend my love for Disney with my love for seasonal treats. There were also five different Disney charms. The charms can be added to the gold chain or hoops earrings for a dash of something seasonal. I just love them. There was a Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy charm. Each one shows the iconic character in a seasonal hat and can be mixed and matched according to mood. I personally love to wear the Daisy and Donald charms on the gold hoop earrings. 

As for the remaining three days, these were kind of meh for me. There were three very tiny hair clips included. One was red and sparkly, one was red and white, and the other was blue and white. These are honestly just way too small for my thick hair. It's a shame because they are really cute to look at and I love the designs. Unfortunately, they don't serve much purpose for me. They can certainly be used for aesthetic reasons (in a 90s sort of way) but are not functional for me. 

All in all, the 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar from Disney wowed. Since I am a total Disney fanatic... it was a real thrill to count down to Christmas with a handful of Disney themed accessories. Everything was so colourful, fun, and festive. I especially love the stud earrings and the charms. What a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season. 

Did you open any advent calendars this year? What items stood out to you?

14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Shannon! All the best for 2023 :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know Disney has an Advent Calendar! Yay:) THat's great to know for this year. And that's great to hear that most of the contents were great to boot. The charms look awesome:) I've never really done advent calendars aside from the chocolate ones. I need to branch out!
    Anyhoo, Happy New Year to you and yours, Shannon:)
    PS I think Midnight Club is still worth a watch even without Season 2, although that does suck that it might not happen. Boo:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a nice little find! Okay, thank you! I will watch it. I was just hesitant to start after I heard about the cancelation. (Why does Netflix seem to cancel everything after one season? Sigh.)

      Delete
  3. The weather is really crazy right now, too warm and too wet for January :D I want snow and no rain.
    January is always a little bit stressful, okay after two years of Covid and sitting at home the most time, it's okay to work more. I love the Pamela Christmas Dances too, they make so much fun =)

    I love advent calendars, it's so much fun to open up and get surprised of what's behind the doors. This Disney calendar sounds also nice and jewellery is always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Advent calendars are so much fun to open. I love the little surprises!

      Delete
  4. Very nice accessories. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Disney advent calendar certainly yielded some cute and fun items!
    I only got an advent calendar at work - a present from a business contact - and it had chocolates inside. As I was ill the week before Christmas, there were some days I hadn't opened yet, and I got to enjoy the rest of the chocolates this week :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! I love them! Oh, how nice that someone gifted you an advent calendar. I'm glad you were finally able to enjoy those holiday chocolates.

      Delete
  6. I know people that are very passionate about advent calendars, so appassionate that they also create them as gifts. I instead don't use them much, but I always like seeing them on others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute calendar! You got some really nice surprises in it, although it's a shame that the hair clips can't be used by you everything else looks so fun and I'm sure you'll wear the earrings and necklace often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I keep coming back to the earrings, because I love being able to wear winter-themed Disney accessories!

      Delete