Thursday, October 6, 2022

testing out pixi skin care products.


It has been a while since my last Pixi review here on the creation of beauty is art. It isn't that the brand doesn't pique my interest, but it tends to be on the pricier side for the drugstore. As a result, it tends to be more of a splurge than an everyday purchase. There has to be something that really nabs my attention. Since skin care has been high on my to do list this year, there were a few Pixi skin care items that stood out to me on a recent visit to the store. One was the Glow Mist and the other was the +Rose Essence Oil. Keep reading to find out how these drugstore skin care products performed....


Pixi Skin Treats Glow Mist With Propolis and Argan Oil. The first Pixi product was the Glow Mist. There is something really appealing about a misting product. I have used the Clinique Moisture Surge spray many times and it instantly perks up my skin and my mood. My hope was that the Glow Mist would do the same. According to the brand, this mist is intended to make the skin glowing, luminous, and smooth. It has twenty one natural oils as well as propolis, aloe vera, and fruit extracts. The Glow Mist can be used to set makeup, add a dewy finish to the skin, fresh makeup, or hydrate. Bonus? It can also be used on hair to add a healthy glow and shine. I absolutely love that the Glow Mist can be used for so many different purposes. Whether I need to give my skin a little TLC, set my makeup, or add some shine to my hair...this product can do it all. Thankfully, this Pixi skin care product really delivers on the claims. I love how refreshing it is and how it makes my skin feel. 


Pixi +Rose Essence Oil. The next drugstore skin care item had some pretty hefty claims as well. According to Pixi, the +Rose Essence Oil is a tri-phase nourishing essence oil with rose. It is designed to nourish, calm, and hydrate the skin. It can be used to prep the skin before makeup application. There are some pros and cons with this oil. The con? The rose scent is not pleasant. I am not anti-rose scented items, but this oil in particular smells a bit stuffy and old. It is not my kind of scent at all. The pros? This oil is easy to apply, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin ridiculously soft. I was actually shocked at the difference it made. Despite the scent, this is a product that I will happily continue to use and even repurchase. The +Rose Essence Oil makes my skin feel like a dream and makes makeup application that much better. It is a new must have for me.

All in all, these Pixi skin care products wowed. The Glow Mist is easy to use and quickly refreshes my skin. The +Rose Essence Oil leaves my skin ultra soft and smooth. These were certainly worthwhile drugstore purchases. 

Have you tried any of these Pixi products? What are your favourite items from the brand?

14 comments:

  1. I've always loved Pixi products, especially the line rose-based!
    I've even tried both these products and I agree with your impressions (except for the rose scent, that, instead, I like^^)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy the rose scent! It wasn't for me, but goodness, was the end result wonderful. These were really great products!

      Delete
  2. Bardzo chciałabym przetestować te kosmetyki. Pozdrawiam:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brand is fairly popular in Scotland :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that rose essence oil sounds wonderful !I have a rosewater misting spray that I love for a little extra hydration - like you I don't like the scent much, too floral, but I do love the results and the smell doesn't hang around long so I keep using it! It's so good in summer as a cooling spray and in winter as a little extra hydration layer!

    Hope you are having a good day :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the results are worth the scent, so long as it doesn't linger! Thank you! I hope you're having a great day as well <3

      Delete
  5. I would like to try something of that brand. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've seen this brand around here, but I must say those products definitely appeal to me. I'm hearing you on rose-scented products, though. The smell can be quite overpowering. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good but i haven't tried it yet. Thanks for your review. Have a good weekend :)
    Mor Düşler Kitaplığı

    ReplyDelete