Thursday, January 7, 2021

benefit brow pencil (precisely, my brow pencil)

Talk about an unusual product name! Benefit has an awful lot of eyebrow-related products to choose from. (Including the Goof Proof Brow Pencil, which has become one of my all-time favourites.) One that is new to me is the Precisely, My Brow Pencil. While the name is a bit lengthy and slightly unusual...it was certainly exciting to test and try this brow pencil. Want to find out how it performs? If the claims are accurate? Here is everything you need to know about this high end brow product.

Where to begin? The product claims. According to the brand, the Precisely, My Brow Pencil is a precise brow pencil with an ultra-fine tip and a twelve hour wear time. It has a waterproof and smudge-proof formula designed for application that lasts. There are twelve shades to choose from in the line. The shade in my collection is Warm Light Brown. Something to note? The brow pencil pictured above is a deluxe sample size. The full sized version also includes a spoolie brush on the other end. 

In terms of performance, the Precisely, My Brow Pencil performs....decently. There are some pros and cons to consider. The pros? The brow pencil has a very thin and precise tip. That makes it possible to create hair-like strokes that look ultra natural and realistic. It also has good staying power. The cons? The product itself feels somewhat tough and hard. Oh, and it isn't fully waterproof. While this is decent to use and creates a natural looking finish, it simply doesn't check off all the boxes for me. Since it does have a tougher consistency, this product really needs to be built up. (Which is great for those natural hair-like strokes but not as great for moments when you need your brows done in a hurry!) 

What it comes down to is preference and brow needs. If you are someone with well shaped brows that just wants to fill in a little here or there....this will work well. If you are someone that needs to create more shape or has a lot of area to fill in...this likely won't satisfy. Personally, I much prefer the Goof Proof Brow Pencil because of the applicator shape, creamier consistency, and overall ease of use. The Precisely, My Brow Pencil is decent but doesn't really suit my preferences and brow needs.

Rating: 2.5 / 5

Not all brow products are created equally. This brow pencil from Benefit is something that I will certainly use up but isn't something that I would consider spending money on in the future. It just isn't my favourite. 

Have you tried this brow pencil? Do you like Benefit products?

16 comments:

  1. It looks pretty funky packing too! Shame it didn't do what you needed it to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this brow pencil yet. Thank you for the review! :)

    ♡ ☯ ☮ P&P style ☮ ☯ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes this is absolutely amazing =) I miss my gym very much (it's closed since November) but I'm happy that I have so many different workouts, Zumba, YouTube and now Gymondo =) Oh yes Zumba is really fun.

    Great review =) Benefit is a really good brand and I know many people who love this brow pencil. I think I have to try it too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Benefit has a lot of stellar products. It is always nice to try something different from them!

      Delete
  4. Hi dear!I don't use the brow pencil but the eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias por la recomendación, no suelo utilizar el lápiz de cejas. Ten un buen fin de semana. Te mando un beso
    Enamorada de las letras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it can make a big difference! Thank you so much. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. it sounds interesting but it's a shame it doesn't work for you and your needs!

    Hope that you are having a great weekend! It will be a quiet one here, we are all in a 3 day lockdown due to a case of the virus being found outside of hotel quarantine for the first time in 113 days.

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I hadn't heard that. How frustrating that there was a case found after such a long time without. I hope you and your family stay safe <3

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's definitely got good points. It didn't quite work for me but it was worth trying!

      Delete