Wednesday, July 1, 2020

wishing you a very happy canada day


Usually, this is a busy time of year. After all, today is Canada Day and in a few days, it will be my five year wedding anniversary. Normally there would be festivities planned. Fireworks to see. Picnics. Events. Short getaway vacations. This year? Everything is decidedly more muted. Public celebrations have been cancelled and everything feels a little lackluster. Despite that, I am determined to make the most of this time. This is simply an opportunity to get creative and do things in a different way. So, I'll be baking some sweet treats, going for an afternoon walk (while observing social distancing, of course), talking to family members on the phone, and enjoying a wonderful meal with my husband.

The way I look at it? Just because there aren't fireworks or booths selling lemonade and ice cream doesn't mean this Canada Day isn't one to celebrate. In fact, lately I have been feeling a little more patriotic than usual. With everything that has happened in the world over the last several months...I feel especially grateful to live where I do. The government and those in charge have, for the most part, been making wise decisions. They have really focused on helping people and slowing the spread of the virus. I know that isn't the case in some other areas in the world (especially places that rushed to re-open the economy...prioritizing profit over the lives of many). So living where I do is a real blessing. I am truly proud to be Canadian.


"When I'm in Canada, I feel this is what the world should be like."
- Jane Fonda 


There is a lot to be thankful for today. Even more than usual. However you are celebrating Canada Day (for my fellow Canadian readers) or however you are planning to celebrate this day...I hope it is memorable. Do something fun, take time to talk to your loved ones, and never forget how blessed you are.

Looking for some summer themed content? Then be sure to head over to my YouTube channel. Last week there was a bronzed seasonal makeup look and this week it is a Summer TAG. I'd love to hear your own answers to the tag questions in the comment section below or in your own blog posts. All of the questions are listed in the description box of the video below:  



Happy Canada Day! How will my fellow Canadians be celebrating? Share your plans in the comment section. 

29 comments:

  1. Very interesting post! Have a great day! 🌺🌺🌺

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Canada day! I'm feeling lucky to be in Australia with all this virus stuff too as there seems to be good decisions being made here as well. I think everyone's a bit jealous of New Zealand though, haha! I hope it's safer everywhere and this is all over soon, already there's a large outbreak in another state here that's worrying us.

    Hope you are having a lovely week, and you have a nice wedding anniversary!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad people are taking it seriously where you are. I know other places in the world that is not the case. Thank you very much! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Happy almost Five year Wedding anniversary! That's so special and so nice it almost coincides with Canada Day - I would love to visit Canada one day :D your makeup in the video is sooo stunning!! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate that. I hope you are able to visit some time! There are a lot of beautiful places to explore. <3

      Delete
  6. Happy Canada Day! Hope we always stay healthy, and the condition in the world is getting better each day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is a wonderful thing to hope for <3

      Delete
  7. Happy Canada Day! i hope you will enjoy it in full

    ReplyDelete
  8. unfortunately this year there is no celebration worldwide. Let's just hope that all of this is just a bad memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that. I'm crossing my fingers that the world will be better...and soon!

      Delete
  9. I like this post, it is great!♥

    https://sosihappylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok let's hope together for it :D I love that song too. You're welcome

    Interesting post and nice video =)
    I follow you now on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh very nice celebration
    Really cute makeup darling
    My best wishes to you
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations 🙋🙋🙋

    ReplyDelete