Monday, July 8, 2019

review: paris hilton cosmetics rosy garden set


Paris Hilton is a love her or hate her kind of celebrity. I personally adore her (and her makeup line) so it is no wonder I have added product after product after product to my makeup collection. More recently, I've been using the Rosy Garden Eye & Cheek Palette. It includes eyeshadows, highlight, blush, a mascara, and an eyeliner. There is certainly a lot going on inside and I am eager to share my thoughts about it all with you. Keep reading for a full review of this affordable makeup set.


Paris Hilton Cosmetics Rosy Garden Set (Packaging)


First thing is first...the packaging. This is always the best place to start! Essentially, Paris Hilton Cosmetics products are affordable and I tend to classify them as drugstore products. (Though they can typically be found in stores like Winners, Marshalls, and TJ Maxx.) So when it comes to packaging, this is simple but still looks beautiful. The set itself is essential held in a thick cardboard container. It has a beautiful picture of Paris on the outside and the inside is a shiny gold with beginner friendly instructions on how put the products to use. Though I can't say the packaging is comparable to a high end product, it certainly looks aesthetically pleasing and does the job.


Products and Swatches 


As you can see from the picture above, there is a lot inside. This set includes eight eyeshadow shades, one blush, a highlight, a mascara, and an eyeliner. It has everything you need to create a full makeup look. Personally, I love the way this set is broken up. You have a collection of more neutral shades on the top and on the bottom you have smokier eyeshadow shades for an evening look. This makes it ultra user friendly, whether you are a beginner or are experienced with makeup application. I also really enjoy the large pans for both the eye and cheek products. This makes it easy to apply product to a variety of brush sizes. (There is nothing worse than a super thin pan of blush. It makes it so tricky to get a fluffy blush brush in there!) Before I get into the actual quality of the products shown above, here are some swatches....




Quality and Pigmentation 


So, how do these products actually perform? For the most part...I'm impressed. The actual texture of the eyeshadows is smooth and creamy for both the matte and shimmer shades. When it comes to pigmentation, the shimmer shades look best right off the bat, but the satiny matte shades build really well. That means whether you want something softer or a bolder makeup look, the shadows can create both types of looks. Out of all the shades, the gold in the first section and the warm brown in the second section are my favourites. They perform so well and look absolutely beautiful on the lids. As for the blush and highlight, these are decent. The blush isn't as pigmented as I would like (I adore a bold blush) but it creates a subtle flush. The highlight is also really pretty and natural but won't give you an ultra blinding highlight. The mascara is fairly standard but performs well but the eyeliner is a total winner. It is jet black and has a nice amount of glide to it. 

Want to see the Rosy Garden set in action? I created two looks: the first is neutral and uses the upper half of the palette while the second is a bolder nighttime look using the lower half of the palette. Be sure to let me know which one you prefer.



Rating: 4 / 5

Overall, I've really been enjoying this set. It has easy to wear eyeshadow shades that can take you from day to night. Plus, the blush and highlight work well and I love that it also comes with a mascara and eyeliner. It is quick and easy to create a beautiful, polished, and complete look using the Rosy Garden set from Paris Hilton Cosmetics. 

Have you tried this set? What did you think of it?

Editing Note: Since Paris Hilton has decided to publicly support an abusive man, her products will no longer be reviewed on the creation of beauty is art. All previous reviews will remain, but no new content will be shared. 

12 comments:

  1. I like it.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of the Paris Hilton range yet, I think this pallete has some really pretty shades of pink <3

    Btw, I have just discovered your blog and I love it. If you want we can follow each other, let me know by leaving a me comment at www.samanthassnaps.co.uk

    samantha
    www.samanthassnaps.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of a lot of her products. Especially considering the low price point. Thank you so much for stopping by. Following you :)
      the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. You look wonderful, nice products 😊

    ReplyDelete