Wednesday, July 10, 2019

eight years of the creation of beauty is art.


When I first opened the creation of  beauty is art. on July 10th, 2011....never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would still be writing, creating, and dreaming here in 2019. Originally, I opened this blog as a way to showcase my skills. I had just graduated from University (earning my Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Professional Writing with a minor in Creative Writing) and had absolutely no idea what to do next. I was applying for jobs but without an online body of work, it was difficult to get my foot in the door. So, feeling unsure about my future, I started this blog. That was eight years ago.

Yes, it has officially been eight years. 1470 posts. 660 000 page views. When I break down the numbers that way, it is overwhelming. This blog has become my safe haven. It is a place for me to create, express, and share my passion for makeup, fashion, music, travel...and everything else that adds beauty to this world. It is a space where love and positivity wins out. A place where I can be my true self. To those of you who have read or supported my blog at any point in time, thank you. Thank you for contributing to a passion project that means so very much to me. Thank you for the comments, views, and sense of community. For the kindness and endless support. I am so thankful for each and every one of you.

Normally on anniversary posts, I like to pause, reflect, and take a look back. This time? I want to take a moment to look forward. There are so many goals I have for my little piece of the Internet. From improving the quality of my photos (which you may have noticed is already in progress) to stepping out of my comfort zone with bolder makeup looks, to tweaking the layout.....well, there are a lot of things I've been thinking about. I hope that you will stick by me as I work to achieve the many blog goals I have. For now, I'll end this post with a simple thank you. Thank you.


"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all: read a lot and write a lot."
- Stephen King


23 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I love your blog and your kind art. It's very nice to meet a blogger friend like you. To have worldwide friends is the best part of blogging 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! You are so kind and I'm very appreciative of your comment. And I agree! Getting to know people from all over the world is so wonderful :)

      Delete
  2. Wow... so many years, congrats doll!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, happy 8th anniversary to you and your blog! I've been reading your blog since I started blogging that was 6 years ago. I stopped blogging 4 years ago, and then now that I'm back, I still enjoy reading your adventures from makeup to travel. I can't wait to see what's in store for you these coming years! xx

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, that is a long time! Thank you SO much. I hope you know how grateful I am that you've been reading such a long time. Thank you for all of your support :)

      Delete
  4. Aww, happy 8th anniversary to you and your blog! I've been reading your blog since I started blogging that was 6 years ago. I stopped blogging 4 years ago, and then now that I'm back, I still enjoy reading your adventures from makeup to travel. I can't wait to see what's in store for you these coming years! xx

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Happy 8th anniversary to your blog. Keep writing :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicidades por todo tu trabajo ! Espero tu opinión en mi última entrada! Gracias por la visita! 🌅🌅🌅

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 8th Anniversary girl May you hit more and more
    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt

    Bloglovin

    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 8th anniversary to your blog! congratulations. So many years! Your blog is perfect :) amazing posts and beautyfull photos! I really like read it :)
    kisses from Poland :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so so much! Your comment means a lot to me <3

      Delete
  9. Happy 8th anniversary to your blog, dear!)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww congrats and happy anniversary to your wonderful blog!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, I can not believe that time flies so fast! My blog will soon be 5 years old ... This is so incredible.

    I congratulate you on this event! Develop further, do not stop!

    MY NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, love it so much! :)
    If you want that we follow each other let me know by leaving a comment here --> https://beautyshapes3.blogspot.com/2019/06/elegant-outfit-manzara.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations dear! A happy anniversary for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I'm amazed, you've been keeping the blog up for many many years! I kept having blog-block and ended up making a new blog every time :c I wonder how can I fix myself. Love your blog! new follower here.

    ReplyDelete