Friday, April 12, 2019

spring style (patrickstarrr x mac makeup look + spring outfit)


One of my favourite spring quotes? Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is. This is absolutely true. Lately, it seems everything is better, more beautiful, and full of life. Outside, the sun is shining brightly in the sky...snow is melting....and the world is in bloom. It seems that everyone is in a better mood. That wonderful optimism has returned to us all. Thank goodness for that! Since the return of spring is such a lovely time, I wanted to dedicate a blog post to fabulous spring style. That includes a makeup look featuring the PatrickStarrr x MAC collaboration as well as a stunning spring outfit to inspire your next day out. Ready to dive headfirst into the beauty and wonder of spring style? Here goes....


PatrickStarrr x Mac Makeup Look (Me So Fleek Set)


Certain makeup products suit specific times of year. For instance, there is a rich red lipstick (featured in my top five fall lip products post) that I gravitate towards every time the air is crisp and the leaves start falling. Though there are several spring friendly products in my makeup collection....I find myself reaching for the PatrickStarrr x MAC collection, Me So Fleek, often. This is a set that I was gifted over the holiday season and I adore. In fact, you can check out my full review of the products (pictured above) over on my YouTube channel. See swatches, hear my in depth thoughts on the quality of the products, and take a closer look at each item here.

Since I have been all over this collection lately, that means there have been lots of fresh, fun, and totally spring inspired makeup looks to go around. This is one that I created recently. My husband and I had a casual night planned with some friends. It was a game night, so I wanted to be comfortable but still feel confident. Here is the finished look...


Though there is a really bold blue included in the eyeshadow palette, I opted to stick to the other shades this time around. (Normally, I use that blue along the lower lash line for a fun pop of colour!) I started with that warm matte shadow to build up the crease. Then it was the shimmery coral colour all over the eyelid with a hint of that bright pink patted on the outer corner for a little bit of depth. I used both blushes from this set on the cheeks (the deeper shade first, blended upward, with that softer, shimmery shade on the apples). Since this was a more casual evening...I skipped the lipstick that came with the set. Instead, I applied the pink shimmery gloss. It was a simple, sweet, and oh-so-spring inspired makeup look. 


Spring Inspired Outfit


Now for a fun fashion look! When it comes to style, I have to admit: spring makes me happiest. There are beautiful pastel colours, floral prints, and an elegant sort of romance that comes along with this time of year. I absolutely love it. Those elements are exactly what inspired the spring look I created above. There is a lovely retro-esque dress (with a floral print and soft colour to boot), pastel yellow flats, a round soft pink purse, a gold floral bracelet, and a gorgeous pink lipstick shade to finish it all off. This is probably my idea springtime outfit. It is cute, flirty, and fun.

Spring is here to stay...and I couldn't be happier. Between the beautiful weather, renewed optimism, and of course, spring style, there is plenty to get excited about.

Do you love spring style? What do you think of these looks?

24 comments:

  1. Would love to see you in that dress! And this eye is gorgeous. TGIF!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I am trying desperately to find a dress just like that one. I'm pretty much obsessed!

      Delete
  2. I love this makeup look! You look fab, Shannon:)I seriously must get my hands on that Patrick Starr palette. And I love that spring outfit you curated as well. I'd wear that dress any time of the year:D
    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yes, it's a really great set. So perfect for this time of year. I hope you have a great weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. Your makeup looks so beautiful!! And I love, love the gorgeous dress!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are so kind. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love your makeup look! <3
    Spring and pastels are the best. :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very cute makeup darling~ Great picks

    *Please don´t publish links in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful inspiration! I can feel spring from it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful make up dear. Kisses 😊

    ReplyDelete