Thursday, December 15, 2016

12 Days of Christmas Blogging - Day 2


Out of all the things I write about (makeup, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle) my favourite thing to write about has to be Christmas. It taps into the sentimental side of me. It gives me the chance to reflect and appreciate how beautiful life - and the world - really is. There is nothing more fulfilling. Yesterday, I introduced the "12 Days of Christmas Blogging" challenge. Now it is time for me to tackle the second writing prompt. Here goes....

Day 2: Favourite Christmas Tradition Old or New

The holiday season is all about tradition. At least it is with my family. There are things that we do every single year without fail. (Like bicker while hauling up boxes of decorations!) Those things are the reason Christmastime feels so special to me. I love watching my brother meticulously set up the snowy village on the table. Or the fact that my Dad always feeds us cookies while we decorate. The way my mom plays Clay Aiken's holiday CD over and over again. And how we always watch Christmas With The Kranks together. Those little traditions make me smile whenever I think of them. As for a favourite tradition? I have two to share with you today. One is old and one is relatively new.

The first is an older tradition. It started when my siblings and I got a little too old to sing songs before bed on Christmas Eve. (Which we used to do.) So we started a new tradition. We would all pile into the car and drive around to see the Christmas lights. Some years, we would be out for a half an hour. Other years, for an hour or more. It really depended on how well the houses were decorated! We still do that today and I love it. My Dad puts on classical Christmas music and we drive around to see all of the beautiful holiday displays.

The next tradition is a little bit newer. It is one my husband and I have shared for the last few years. Oddly enough, it also has to do with Christmas lights. I suppose there is a theme going on here! A week or two before Christmas Day, we get into his car, grab a white hot chocolate from Second Cup, and drive to a street that goes all out for decorations. People wait for hours just to see these elaborate displays! It is always a ton of fun.

So there you have it. Those are my favourite Christmas traditions. What are yours?

xo Shannon

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tradition. I love when people decorate their houses during Christmas.
    www.effortlesslady.co

    ReplyDelete