Friday, December 23, 2016

12 Days of Christmas Blogging - Day 10


It is Christmas Eve-Eve. Yes, you read that right. Growing up, my brother and I would always get excited about this day. Why? We were so close to all of the fun and excitement. Usually at this point, we were done school. So it was all Christmas all the time. Now? Even though I am older and long out of school....I still get excited about Christmas Eve-Eve. On that note, here is Day 10 in the "12 Days of Christmas Blogging" challenge. Hard to believe it is almost over already!

Day 10: Favourite Christmas Movie or Song

There is no shame in this confession. I am all about Christmas movies and music. All year round, in fact. There is nothing like a holiday movie to cheer you up on a down day. Or a familiar song to warm your heart. I have seen an awful lot of movies and TV specials over the years. Some are well known while others are totally obscure. Some are even pretty awful. But even a bad holiday movie is pretty darn good, in my opinion! The same goes for holiday music. I just love it all so much. That makes today's question challenging. How can I possibly choose one single favourite? Despite the difficulty of this task, I have narrowed it down.

My favourite Christmas movie (not TV special - which in that case would be Doug's Secret Christmas or The Night Before Christmas) is Miracle on 34th Street. The remake rather than the original. I don't know what it is about that movie but it always manages to make me happy and whole. I always start the holiday season with it....and wind up watching it at least 5 more times before Christmas is over. I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

As for my favourite Christmas song? Talk about a hard choice! There are so many that I love. Like O Holy Night (the Hanson version, preferably), Mary Did You Know (by Clay Aiken), and That Christmas Feeling (by Bing Crosby). But after much thought I have come to a decision. It is Alfie/It's In Every One Of Us from the John Denver and The Muppets album. Why this song? The spoken story at the beginning inspired me from a young age. I used to listen to it over and over again. It completely sums up the beauty and magic of this time of year. And the song following is moving to say the least. It is all about sharing, giving, and accepting love.

It's in every one of us to be wise. Find your heart, open up both your eyes.
We can all know everything without ever knowing why.
It's in every one of us, by and by.

Today, I challenge you to give love. To show love. To accept love. And remember that it is in every one of us. 

What is your favourite holiday movie? Favourite song?

xo Shannon

1 comment: