Friday, September 16, 2016

inspired by fall fashion


It makes me feel old to say this....but time is going by so quickly. I remember when I was little, the seasons seemed to drag on endlessly. Now? Summer is over and we are nearing the official beginning of fall. I'm not entirely sure where my summer went or how to process the sudden shift in seasons. But one great place to start is with fall fashion. It doesn't matter how blue I feel when I think about those cooler temperatures. The best way to perk me up is with a little fall fashion! It is one of my favourite seasons for style. The rich colours and the gorgeous layers....yes, yes, yes.

The photo above is a little outfit I created on Polyvore. Using fall fashion as my inspiration, I dove in headfirst to whip up something that represents my ideal fall look. There are ripped jeans, a white peplum top, a black and white bomber jacket, bold earrings, and some burgundy accessories. Personally? I love the idea of mixing more casual items (like a stylish pair of distressed jeans and a bomber jacket) with a top that is a little more elegant and girly. It is the perfect contrast! I also really love blending edgier (those earrings for example) with feminine details (like the suede on the shoes  and that gorgeous peplum shape). Put it all together and you have a fall outfit that will take you from casual get together to a romantic date night. It is gorgeous and versatile.

It won't be long before the temperatures start to drop. Here is hoping I can rock an outfit equally as stylish when they do! It is definitely time to raid my wardrobe and get creative.

On another note....my latest YouTube video is up. Take a peek at my Current Obsessions.


What do you think of this outfit? Do you love fall fashion?

xo Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Love this bomber jacket. *__*
    I'm back on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices for fall Shannon❤️ I really don't want to say goodbye to summer:( the nail color is awesome by the way❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree that fashion-wise, fall is the best! Love that varsity/bomber jacket.
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choices, Shannon, the heels are TDF! Can't wait for fall.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I love everything Fall (as you know) so I'm super excited for the Fall fashion. Scarves, sweaters, boots. Eek! I love those suede shoes, though. I also love your balance of edgy and girly!

    ReplyDelete