All good things must come to an end. With more and more Toys 'R' Us locations closing down in Canada, it was only a matter of time before the one nearest to me shut down as well. After hearing about the closure, my husband and I went to see what might remain. Inside of each Toys 'R' Us location is a smaller HMV section with all sorts of music and memorabilia. That was my primary focus. In the past, we have found some records for our collection there, so it made sense to see if there was anything of interest. Thankfully, we were able to find a few items for a steep discount. Most things were 60% off, but there was a Goosebumps hoodie (not pictured) that I found for 80% off. Here is a closer look at this discount entertainment haul.
There were a lot of records available still in the HMV section when we visited the Toys 'R' Us store. At 60% off, it made sense to add a few to our collection. My husband chose some for himself and then I found a handful of records as well. Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Shania Twain, and Avril Lavigne. I have really enjoyed having Revamped from Demi Lovato in my collection. These are rock inspired versions of her biggest hits. Since I love rock-pop Demi best, it was nice to hear so many favourites in a fresh new way. There were other records that I would have loved to add to the collection as well, but choices had to be made, because even at 60% off, the cost of these new presses can really add up. I tried to focus on some musical favourites.
There was a coffee table book dedicated to the Carpenters for a fraction of the price, and as a fan of Karen and Richard, it was nice to be able to add this book to my shopping cart. I look forward to reading it and learning even more about this memorable group. There were also a couple of DVDs that I found, including Happy Death Day (perfect for the spooky season) and an Elf on the Shelf themed Christmas DVD. Though there were a lot of CDs left in the HMV section, there weren't any that really stood out to me except for one from Craig David. This was missing from my collection, so it was nice to be able to find it for less.
As a physical media lover, it was bittersweet to find so many wonderful things at HMV. Sweet, because all of these records, books, DVDs, and CDs will be used and cherished. Bitter, because it means the end of Toys 'R' Us and HMV in my area.
This content is from the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com. If it is posted elsewhere, it has been stolen.




No comments:
Post a Comment