Monday, September 9, 2024

first impressions: rimmel wonder volume thrill seeker mascara

Some mascaras are better than others. When it comes to Rimmel, a few of their mascaras have been stellar while others have only been so-so. The Wonder Volume Thrill Seeker Mascara was intriguing because of the claim on the packaging that it has a "creamy whipped formula." I was curious to find out how it performed and whether or not it met all of the other brand claims. Ready to learn more about this affordable product? Here is a first impressions review of this drugstore mascara from Rimmel.


According to the brand, the Wonder Volume Thrill Seeker Mascara from Rimmel delivers "fearlessly bold volume, gravity-defying length, and a weightless feel." It claims to have a whipped and creamy makeup formula, and contain panthenol, which leaves the lashes softer, smoother, and stronger. Additionally, this mascara is supposed to be clump free, smudge-proof, and last all day. The Wonder Volume Thrill Seeker Mascara is a volumizing mascara and has a peanut-shaped mascara brush. 

Ready for some first impressions? The packaging is fairly simple with a thin red tube and a decently sized wand inside. As mentioned, it has that peanut shape to simplify the application process. Though the packaging itself is a lightweight plastic, it is decent enough, and the thin design makes this easy to store. (Some other drugstore mascaras have chunkier designs that are cute, but definitely are not as straightforward when it comes to storage.) This Rimmel mascara has a bit of scent, but it is not too overwhelming. As for performance, this is decent. It certainly adds volume and a bit of length, but it requires more than one coat to actually look like anything more than "my lashes but better." That said, even with two or three coats, this particular mascara does not provide the finished look that I prefer. Something bold and dramatic is my preference. If you like something that can look natural or be built up to look a bit bolder, then this will be an excellent drugstore option for you. If you prefer something that is big, bold, and little over the top, then there are other drugstore options that are preferable. 

All in all, this mascara is decent. It performs well enough and is suitable for everyday makeup looks. Unfortunately for me, it does not provide the dramatic lash look that I like best. While I will continue to use this mascara, it is not one that I can see myself repurchasing in the future. At approximately $12 CDN, this is a fairly affordable option that can suit a lot of people depending on their personal preferences. Before heading to the drugstore, consider what kind of lash look you like best. 

Have you tried the Wonder Volume Thrill Seeker Mascara from Rimmel? What did you think of it?

18 comments:

  1. I like Rimmel nail polishes but not tried this mascara. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear! I haven't tried this mascara yet but thank you for the honest review ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mit der Bürstenform bekommt man bestimmt tolles Volumen/Schwung in die Wimpern. LG Romy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks =) I love the poster too, it's super cool to have two different pictures from Justin. Yes the closer photo is nice. It was a really great concert night <3
    It's always nice to have a chocolate milkshake drink powder =) Thanks.
    Oh yes the organization was so bad. But we had a great time at the Super Bloom Festival and Tokio Hotel was one of my favourites <3 So it's good that we didn't miss them :D

    Great review =) It's so sad that we don't have Rimmel at Rossmann anymore. They have some good products. This mascara sounds interesting but it's sad that your lashes are not so dramatic with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a shame! I have found some good products from Rimmel over the years!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the honest review as always, Shannon! I haven't tired any Rimmel mascara and this does sound decent. Unfortunately though, I need waterproof black mascaras or a clear coat one coz I tend to rub my eyes all the time:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have such a bad habit of rubbing my eyes and then having smudges of black all over my hands!

      Delete

  6. Unfortunately we don't get this brand here in Austria.
    But I also need one that has volume and length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too bad! Hopefully you have some brands that are musts for you!

      Delete
  7. Boa tarde e uma excelente terça-feira minha querida amiga. Cor linda e especial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Ananka, I love Rimmel nail polishes but I don't think I've ever tried their mascaras. I hardly ever use mascara nowadays due to my eye problem and if I do, I need to apply it sparingly, so perhaps this one is for me? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to try some of their nail polishes out one of these days!

      Delete
  9. Bardzo podoba mi się szczoteczka.

    ReplyDelete