Friday, August 4, 2023

ultimate to-go product: NYX it's a barbie party mini palette

Barbie is always on my mind these days. I have seen The Barbie Movie several times at this point (and would love to see it again but it is probably best that I wait for the eventual DVD release) and am continuing to enjoy all of the various Barbie themed collaborations. Take the NYX x Barbie collection that was released recently. To be honest, every single item in the collection looks fabulous. All of the products are so fun, colourful, and well themed. Though it would be amazing to have it all, ultimately, it was the It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette that was added to my makeup collection. There is so much to love about this teeny tiny travel friendly release. Ready to find out all the details? Here is everything you need to know...


There is so much to smile about when it comes to the It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette from NYX. There were two different mini palettes available (a Barbie and a Ken version) and both looked amazing. Ultimately, I am a Barbie girl in a Barbie world, so it was the It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette all the way. This palette comes with six different eyeshadows in a variety of finishes with a mini Butter Gloss attached. I absolutely love the cute Barbie themed packaging and the eyeshadow shades. There is a great variety, so it is possible to create a complete look using the palette, plus add in some colour and shine. These shadows performed really well, were easy to blend, and had great longevity. I was really impressed! To be honest, I wasn't sure how the limited edition release would actually perform, but it was fantastic. So easy to use, so many gorgeous colours, and downright adorable. My favourite shadow is definitely that sparkly pink but every single shadow works well. Something else I love? That teeny tiny NYX Butter Gloss attached to the side. It is in the shade Tiramisu and it is a brownish-pink gloss. Definitely really easy to wear. The Butter Gloss formula is nice because it has a lot of pigmentation and still provides that glossy finish.  


This mini palette is described as "credit card sized" and it certainly fits the description. I have a lot of smaller eyeshadow palettes in my makeup collection (like the metal pan ones from Too Faced, which can be seen here) but this has to be the smallest. As you can see from the photo above, this is super thin and super small. The fact that this has so much tucked away inside as well as the attachable lip gloss makes this the ultimate to-go product. Going on vacation? Pack this palette. Heading out for the day? Toss this in your purse. It takes up so little space that this is really ideal whether you are getting ready at home or need to get ready somewhere else. I love that this is still really fun and well themed, but doesn't take up a lot of room. 


To create the makeup look above, all of the shadows in the palette were used. The brown shadow was applied through the crease, the matte coral was applied all over the lid, the sparkly pink was layered on top, the deep purple shade was added in the outer corner and along the lower lash line, the gold glitter was applied to the inner corner, and it was all blended out with the matte beige colour. I love that it is possible to create a full glam look using the shadows in this palette, but it is also possible to do something a little simpler when desired. The Butter Gloss was natural, comfortable, and easy to use. All in all, the It's a Barbie Party Mini Palette from NYX is a winner. I love the theme, the compact size, and the quality of the products. 

Have you tried anything from the NYX x Barbie collection? Have you seen The Barbie Movie yet?

18 comments:

  1. You look gorgeus , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the past I have used some Nyx palettes and must confess, they were pretty good for their price. This one looks so cute and practical, one can slip it in any bag or mini purse and have a nice retouch option any time. The colors are really gorgeous and you put together a very elegant, classy and at the same time girly make-up look. The balm is gorgeous too, such a natural look.
    Haven't yet seen the movie and don't know if I will go to the cinema to see it but I will certainly look for this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That palette is sooooo cute! I bought soomething similar when Twllight came out and I can't remember which brand did it but it was something similar to this:) You look fab as always with the FOTD you created:)
    Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? OMG. I love Twilight, so I'm totally wishing I had been able to use something similar back when it was out!

      Delete
  4. I love the inspiration. I 've not seen the Barbie film yet, but the makeup looks great here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this mini palette of Barbie is so cute, love it! I like the good pigmentation and the shades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! it,s marvellous!! I adore! Thanks for the advice. The movie is the best film of the year!

    ReplyDelete