Tuesday, August 15, 2023

sometimes all you need is a break from life.

It is time for a short blog break here on the creation of beauty is art. By the time this post goes live, I will be at a cottage with my family for a week or so. It has become a tradition of sorts over the last several years. When the pandemic hit, it put travel plans on pause, so my parents rented a cottage where it would be possible for immediate family to come together safely...but still social distance from others. We have been renting different cottages each summer since. To be honest, it is not exactly my idea of a good time, because I do not love being in nature. Or being away from my computer. Or not having time to myself. That being said, I am very lucky to be able to spend time with my loved ones. I just wish it could be done without all of the mosquitos! At any rate, I will be busy making the most of cottage life for the next several days. (And applying lots of bug spray and sunscreen along the way. Sigh!) I look forward to catching up with you all once I am back home again. Until then...

Will you take any vacations this month? How are you spending the last days of summer?

14 comments:

  1. There is an economic strain in Turkey, unfortunately I will not be able to take a vacation this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you will be able to make special memories at home! <3

      Delete
  2. Well dear, even if it is not your favourite leisure, I really appreciate the fact that you overcome all your difficulties just to spend some time with your family.
    Enjoy this break and come back with lots of new energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I know you will have a great time. I am spending my last days of summer easy and restful.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/08/top-destinations-for-august-holidays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are relaxing for the rest of the summer! That sounds lovely!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your break in spite of the hurdles, Shannon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting post! Have a great evening ✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you a wonderful time on your vacation <3 I'm going to the Gamescom fair in Cologne next week. And in October I'm going to Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Oh, that sounds fantastic! You have lots of exciting things planned :D

      Delete
  7. enjoy your little break it definitely is very beneficial. I've been on a short break early August. I don't have many trips planned for the rest of the year but I do have a trip to next state in October with my club (we're visitng the ruins, running a race and enjoying the resort) and I am sure something more in November when my family comes visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, that sounds wonderful. I'm sure you will have an amazing time! Definitely something to look forward to.

      Delete